Hello and can you help?

K

ktczim

I've been visiting the DR for a couple of years now and fell in love with it on my first visit. I see so much potential and am planning to move in the next two years so I can live part time in Canada and part time in DR until I can get a viable business going in DR. In the meantime, I've registered a company and there's very little activity in the accounts but I do need a book keeper/accountant that knows the ropes for foreigners and keep the company legal. I have a lawyer but it's expensive to have lawyers act as accountants. Can anyone provide email info of an accounting firm that can file the necessary returns for my barely active company (hopefully it won't be this inactive for long!), so the company is in compliance while I'm trying to get it going please? Really appreciate any help I can get. Thanks for considering.

D

Derfish

How is your Spanish? I know a licensiada, but she has no English. She is triming toenails so would probably come cheap.

L

LTSteve

I've been visiting the DR for a couple of years now and fell in love with it on my first visit. I see so much potential and am planning to move in the next two years so I can live part time in Canada and part time in DR until I can get a viable business going in DR. In the meantime, I've registered a company and there's very little activity in the accounts but I do need a book keeper/accountant that knows the ropes for foreigners and keep the company legal. I have a lawyer but it's expensive to have lawyers act as accountants. Can anyone provide email info of an accounting firm that can file the necessary returns for my barely active company (hopefully it won't be this inactive for long!), so the company is in compliance while I'm trying to get it going please? Really appreciate any help I can get. Thanks for considering.[/QUOTE

Sorry to say, it sounds like you've put the cart before the horse. Is this an internet based business that you're trying to get off the ground? It is almost impossible to establish a business in the DR without having boots on the ground. It sounds more like some kind of shell company? You realize, if you plan on living in the DR you will need to apply for residency? This process starts in Canada. I think having an accountant at this point is the least of your worries. Good luck.

B

badpiece33

nospanish mean you might as well throw your money out the window, what kind of business are you planning?

D

Dr_Taylor

No spanish:( So Licensiada means accountant?

Welcome to the board. No, licensiada means licensed or, generally, a person with the first university degree. Accountant, in Spanish, is contador (m) or contadora (f). You have much work to do, proceed with caution.