Camera system for home

R

rogerramjet1

Hi
I am looking to buy a home camera monitoring system. 2 or 3 cameras for $200-$300.
I need a reputable store in POP area. Im not sure if i want an internet system where i can see my property from anywhere in the world. Or Dvd recording...my house is rented. Any advice is welcome. Thanks

B

Bred

If you want to install it yourself, then I can suggest PriceSmart in Santiago I saw a set of 4-8 camera systems there a while ago for $200-300. But note: those are older CCTV systems with low resolution.

Better - buy them on Amazon or eBay and choose not CCTV but network (IP) camera system with starlight technology (color image at night) and H.265 image compression (to save disk space).

R

RDKNIGHT

Hi
I am looking to buy a home camera monitoring system. 2 or 3 cameras for $200-$300.
I need a reputable store in POP area. Im not sure if i want an internet system where i can see my property from anywhere in the world. Or Dvd recording...my house is rented. Any advice is welcome. Thanks
Amazon Pal

L

london777

Hi
I need a reputable store in POP area.
Venesoft
Corner of Jose Ramon Lopez and Antera Mota
809 759 2130
Jaime is Venezuelan but long-time resident here, not part of the recent influx. Speaks English.

J

JDJones

If you want to install it yourself, then I can suggest PriceSmart in Santiago I saw a set of 4-8 camera systems there a while ago for $200-300. But note: those are older CCTV systems with low resolution.

Better - buy them on Amazon or eBay and choose not CCTV but network (IP) camera system with starlight technology (color image at night) and H.265 image compression (to save disk space).

Can you give me a link to a system with the Starlight Technology? Amazon isn't giving me much.

H

healimonster

This is a no-brainer. Buy 3 Wyze pan cameras. Around $100. In patrol mode they can cover a lot of ground. free cloud back up of 15 second clips. plenty to identify someone who broke in.

J

JDJones

This is a no-brainer. Buy 3 Wyze pan cameras. Around $100. In patrol mode they can cover a lot of ground. free cloud back up of 15 second clips. plenty to identify someone who broke in.

I've got 5 of the first ones. Bought them within a day or two of them going on the market. What a bargain

I've got really crappy WIFI in my house so I have a lot of signal dropping, but no complaint about the cameras.

If I known there was a pan and tilt coming down the pike, I would have waited.

Also, not crazy about the 15 second clips. I'd much prefer they'd record the whole time movement is happening.

I wanted the Starlight link to read about it. Never heard of it before now.

BTW.. Did you see they just came out with Real Time Streaming Protocol and two factor authentication?

Now you can set them up to watch on your computer instead of your cel phone if you wish.

L

lifeisgreat

Hi
Well if you don’t want to see your property from anywhere and don’t want to record it...what use is it? Your tenant good looking :) Seriously don’t buy camera from Pricemart crap...wyze would suit your needs cheap small footprint plug n play HD picture and give you even capabilities to watch and record even talk and listen pretty damm good for price and size and you can tell your tenant to roll over ,not to get burnt being a caring landlord! ;)

H

healimonster

BTW.. Did you see they just came out with Real Time Streaming Protocol and two factor authentication?

Now you can set them up to watch on your computer instead of your cel phone if you wish.
I did not know about this. Thank you. That would definitely be helpful if I was using them in a business situation.

B

Bred

Aha. I was searching for IP network cameras, and starlight is CCTV.

Starlight cameras can be IP (network) and all other types - CCTV/TVI/CVI/AHD etc. The 4 links above are for IP cameras and video recorders.

R

rogerramjet1

Aha. I was searching for IP network cameras, and starlight is CCTV. Definitely worth considering.

I just placed an order for a couple of the WYZE pan and tilt cameras to play around with to see how they work.

I am traveling to the US can you tell me where I can buy this in new York china town or within New York city?

Thanks

C

cruzan1

We've been using these at multiple properties and they are freaking fantastic. Completely wireless meaning no power cords or cables to the cameras. You can mount them virtually anywhere and move them around easily. You can set up video recording based off motion detection and they store the videos directly to the cloud. You can access the cameras and cloud recordings via smart phone or computer - zero subscription fees unless you require and obnoxious amount of cloud space. Remember, security equipment ships in duty free.

Arlo Security Camera System
https://amzn.to/2VCh04t

B

Bred

A few comments on this -

Completely wireless meaning no power cords or cables to the cameras.

Sounds good. But all wireless devices can be easily disabled by a simple wifi jammer - from a laptop or smartphone.

Also, consider concrete walls. WiFi signal weakens very fast when going through a wall.

You can set up video recording based off motion detection and they store the videos directly to the cloud.

What upload (not download) speed each of those camera require? The lower speed requirement - the worse quality is recorded. And how reliable is your internet connection to fully trust that in critical moment the video you want the most is recorded to the cloud?

You can access the cameras and cloud recordings via smart phone or computer
Most modern and cheaper cameras offer this.

I understand you earn a few dollars when people click on the link you provided above? "linkCode=as2&tag=sosuaone1892". Did you pay for advertising here?

C

cruzan1

Wow, someone needs to switch to decafe.

Just trying to weigh in and add another option, used the link I was given when I purchased mine.
GOOGLE -ARLO CAMERA SYSTEM, purchase from whomever or ignore completely.

B

Bred

We need honest reviews here, not paid ones. And if it is an advertising, it must be clearly marked as one.