Canadian killed in La Mulata II ?

S

Seamonkey

Home invasion that went wrong. Three people got tied up and robbed. This guy got loose and attacked one of the robbers with a machete and they shot and killed him. Both robbers were Dominican and wore no mask. They fled. There is nothing more to this story at the moment.

G

Garyexpat

La Mulata is probably the last place I would live in Sosua. I always thought those people should pitch in for real security to patrol with dogs and shot guns, with orders to shoot first and ask questions,,,,,or maybe not.

L

lifeisgreat

La Mulata is probably the last place I would live in Sosua. I always thought those people should pitch in for real security to patrol with dogs and shot guns, with orders to shoot first and ask questions,,,,,or maybe not.

There is more to the story Gary... glad you think your backyard is safer ..

W

Wishing you well

I keep saying it - nothing good ever comes from Sosua.

H

Harleysrock

There is more to the story Gary... glad you think your backyard is safer ..

Since I was there shortly after, I will tell you there was nothing more to the story. It was actually a home invasion gone horribly wrong.

H

Harleysrock

Was it random or targeted?
Random, by the questions they had no idea who they were robbing. It could have also been a mistaken house as in they robbed the wrong one that they were supposed to.

I

irsav

If my memory serves me well, it was ten or eleven days without killing an expat in Sosua.
Somebody stated here that living in a free standing house in this country for a gringo is safe and dandy? OK.

I

irsav

How about Playa Chickita? Much better?

I

irsav

Only! Only! Only! Condo. On the forth floor. With a dozen of well armed guards on the property 24/7.
A free standing house? In Dominican Republic ?! Excuse me?!

C

cavok

It would be interesting to know exactly how they broke into the house. I would think anyone living up there would have several big dogs, bars on all windows and doors, motion detectors connected to flood lights, and a shotgun in the house.

I

irsav

It would be interesting to know exactly how they broke into the house. I would think anyone living up there would have several big dogs, bars on all windows and doors, motion detectors connected to flood lights, and a shotgun in the house.

They do it VERY easy!

I

irsav

anyone living up there would have several big dogs, bars on all windows and doors, motion detectors connected to flood lights, and a shotgun in the house.

Sounds a beautiful Caribbean life for a happy retiree!

C

cavok

They do it VERY easy!

Apparently, but how did they do it? Maybe others who live up there in those hills above Sosua could prevent something like this happening if they knew how. What's your best guess?

C

Cdn_Gringo

Easy access to the house and someone opened the door (if it wasn't already open).