Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

ok, so after careful consideration and in the light of the update above i am going to reopen the thread.
    be civil, stay on topic, all the usual rules.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I say it all the time, the PN probably knew who shot this
    poor fella a few days after it happened. They just move slow.
    The police in this country are well aware of who the bad actors
    are. Their crimes are often tolerated until one of them does
    something stupid like shoot dead a gringo.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    Oh, please.

There were two Canadians that got murdered in the same neighborhood, one a drug dealer, and I got them confused.
    Wow - Is that your idea of an apology ?

4. Likes Polar Bear liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CristoRey View Post
    ... Their crimes are often tolerated until one of them does
    something stupid like shoot dead a gringo.
    Not so much anymore. A few years back you really felt the gringos were protected species here, now you feel they would rather squeeze as much money out of you as possible and deport you!

6. Likes jd426 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I never thought these words would come out of my mouth but the police have done an awesome job and the correct suspects have been arrested. I can’t say anything else bc it is an active Murder Investigation but my respect goes out to the police who have been working hard on this case. They have taken this extremely seriously.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astucia View Post
    Wow - Is that your idea of an apology ?
    What? That the way that article was written was confusing?

I have nothing for which to apologize.

Your angst is more properly aimed at the "journalist" who made it sound the two murders were connected.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

9. Likes Luperon liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems these criminals are quite mobile, seeing as they were arrested in the Capital far from La Mulatta. I wonder if this helps identify them, since if they were just 1st time local offenders likely they would return home and not be traveling the island.

If the .45 gun recovered turns out to be the murder weapon we should all thank the stupidity of the thugs for hanging on to it.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rfp View Post
    I dont understand this. Why do people from viable societies choose to live in areas where they are in danger ?

The North Coast seems to be a veritable "Killing Field" for foreigners. There are a lot of nice things about the RD including the beautiful North Coast but why leave safety and security to live an environment where people will kill you for 500 pesos ?

Live in an apartment, be careful with your domestic staff and trust no one. I dont even trust my family !!
    ...better yet ...have no staff and trust NO ONE........

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleysrock View Post
    I never thought these words would come out of my mouth but the police have done an awesome job and the correct suspects have been arrested. I can’t say anything else bc it is an active Murder Investigation but my respect goes out to the police who have been working hard on this case. They have taken this extremely seriously.
    ...yes from now on the killing of any people that are not Dominican will be taken very serious....the last ting this country needs is the travel warning going from a 2....to a 3 or 4...then most of the money stops coming................

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post
    It seems these criminals are quite mobile, seeing as they were arrested in the Capital far from La Mulatta. I wonder if this helps identify them, since if they were just 1st time local offenders likely they would return home and not be traveling the island.

If the .45 gun recovered turns out to be the murder weapon we should all thank the stupidity of the thugs for hanging on to it.
    Do thet actually perform ballistis tests in the DR?

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast