Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another Chinese restaurant in Sosua!

Just seen that the old pizza place next to Cafe Cubano in Sosua is going to be a Chinese restaurant! That is three Chinese restaurants and three Chinese shops....think we might need to learn Chinese soon!
    In fairness it does look like this new place will be a proper sit down restaurant with a menu selection as opposed to the fast food style in the other two places and if they are as good as the one in Cabarete well this will be a nice change. People for years have been wanting a good Chinese in Sosua.

2. Likes Polar Bear, Bred, ctrob liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I look forward to reading the reviews when it opens.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

There was a sit down chinese restaurant across the street from Rocky’s back in 2006. It didn’t last long. I hope this new one is successful (especially if they’ll have General Tso’s Chicken!)

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Timotero View Post
    There was a sit down chinese restaurant across the street from Rocky’s back in 2006. It didn’t last long. I hope this new one is successful (especially if they’ll have General Tso’s Chicken!)
    I ate there once. As I recall the chef was Dominican. Did not last long.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on some of the equipment coming in, it's looking like it may be a pica pollo......but we shall see. Time will tell.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tee View Post
    Just seen that the old pizza place next to Cafe Cubano in Sosua is going to be a Chinese restaurant! That is three Chinese restaurants and three Chinese shops....think we might need to learn Chinese soon!
    In fairness it does look like this new place will be a proper sit down restaurant with a menu selection as opposed to the fast food style in the other two places and if they are as good as the one in Cabarete well this will be a nice change. People for years have been wanting a good Chinese in Sosua.
    FYI one more Chinese shop... Sosua Abajo where the Tire Shop was, they almost ready to open....

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    I ate there once. As I recall the chef was Dominican. Did not last long.
    What can you expect, Chinese, real chinese cooking is not that simple as many think. And a dominican cook, sorry, sopita burnt garlic and onions to start with.

9. Likes chico bill liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fulano2 View Post
    What can you expect, Chinese, real chinese cooking is not that simple as many think. And a dominican cook, sorry, sopita burnt garlic and onions to start with.
    Cheap & greasy food like 95% of Chinese restaurants in the world - and they reuse food not sold the day before.
    There are some good ones - but they are all sit down and the food takes a while to be prepared.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish they'd open a proper Chinese restaurant in Sosua.
    Would make for another great excuse to visit.

Post Thanks / Like

And in a few years you will notice all stray pets have disappeared from the streets

13. Likes Celt202, CristoRey, Cortez liked this post
    Dislikes Juan Bosch disliked this post
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast