Another Chinese restaurant in Sosua!

T

tee

Just seen that the old pizza place next to Cafe Cubano in Sosua is going to be a Chinese restaurant! That is three Chinese restaurants and three Chinese shops....think we might need to learn Chinese soon!
In fairness it does look like this new place will be a proper sit down restaurant with a menu selection as opposed to the fast food style in the other two places and if they are as good as the one in Cabarete well this will be a nice change. People for years have been wanting a good Chinese in Sosua.

T

Timotero

There was a sit down chinese restaurant across the street from Rocky’s back in 2006. It didn’t last long. I hope this new one is successful (especially if they’ll have General Tso’s Chicken!)

S

SKY

There was a sit down chinese restaurant across the street from Rocky’s back in 2006. It didn’t last long. I hope this new one is successful (especially if they’ll have General Tso’s Chicken!)

I ate there once. As I recall the chef was Dominican. Did not last long.

I

Irie

Based on some of the equipment coming in, it's looking like it may be a pica pollo......but we shall see. Time will tell.

H

habi

Just seen that the old pizza place next to Cafe Cubano in Sosua is going to be a Chinese restaurant! That is three Chinese restaurants and three Chinese shops....think we might need to learn Chinese soon!
In fairness it does look like this new place will be a proper sit down restaurant with a menu selection as opposed to the fast food style in the other two places and if they are as good as the one in Cabarete well this will be a nice change. People for years have been wanting a good Chinese in Sosua.

FYI one more Chinese shop... Sosua Abajo where the Tire Shop was, they almost ready to open....

F

Fulano2

I ate there once. As I recall the chef was Dominican. Did not last long.
What can you expect, Chinese, real chinese cooking is not that simple as many think. And a dominican cook, sorry, sopita burnt garlic and onions to start with.

C

chico bill

What can you expect, Chinese, real chinese cooking is not that simple as many think. And a dominican cook, sorry, sopita burnt garlic and onions to start with.

Cheap & greasy food like 95% of Chinese restaurants in the world - and they reuse food not sold the day before.
There are some good ones - but they are all sit down and the food takes a while to be prepared.

C

CristoRey

I wish they'd open a proper Chinese restaurant in Sosua.
Would make for another great excuse to visit.

G

George101

And in a few years you will notice all stray pets have disappeared from the streets

G

GuillermoRamon

They built a room on the back and purchased a large propane tank for whats to be the new kitchen area, from my understanding its supposed to be more of a "proper" restaurant as opposed to a pica pollo style.

I

Irie

They built a room on the back and purchased a large propane tank for whats to be the new kitchen area, from my understanding its supposed to be more of a "proper" restaurant as opposed to a pica pollo style.

There's a pic of fried chicken on their new sign. Not a good sign...

C

chico bill

How many tourists will say Sosua is so quaint - there are a bunch of Chinese fast food joints and some clothing stores selling the lowest quality goods and paying their employees the lowest wages in DR.
Sorry, yes the Chinese invest but their formula is not one which maintains a culture - it promotes "the cheap Chinese approach" - 'profit over everything else'.

Not much style, and no creativity

G

GuillermoRamon

And dont forget how many of the Dominican clothing shops and people selling stuff on the street will get hit by it. What I am more curious to see, is if they get into the food market game. This may initially not seem plausible, but with enough Chinese establishing themselves locally, I think its inevitable that they go beyond the Cheapy stores and Pica Pollos, places like Playero and Super Pola might feel it a bit, if so.

C

chico bill

And dont forget how many of the Dominican clothing shops and people selling stuff on the street will get hit by it. What I am more curious to see, is if they get into the food market game. This may initially not seem plausible, but with enough Chinese establishing themselves locally, I think its inevitable that they go beyond the Cheapy stores and Pica Pollos, places like Playero and Super Pola might feel it a bit, if so.

How many 'high end" Chinese retail shops do you see worldwide ?
In jewelry sometimes but even then their gems stones have inclusions and their gold is a lower karat weight.

Maybe they could open Asian food marts, but I suspect if they try to play hardball with the local everyday supermarkets they will run afoul of families who have controlled it for far too long on the North Coast to let in some newbies.

Of course I could be wrong - if they have done it it would be in Santo Domingo.

D

dv8

i suggest that you read the topic of the thread before posting. how 'bout that?