Dominican Plantain Pizza

B

bigbird

thanks, but no thanks. where is the ketchup, mayo, and corn?

M

mekkizm

Us New Yorkers take Pizza really seriously. This is blasphemy!

W

windeguy

That is disgusting.

Thankfully I have never seen it nor even heard of it.

S

SKY

Pizza is meant to be exactly that , Pizza. Not some dough and sauce topped with a bunch of crap.

C

Celt202

I can't unsee that.

whatthefluff-dog-magic-trick-599221973.jpg

A

AlterEgo

LOL at the responses, as an Italian from NYC, it was my reaction too. I thought maybe this was something I just hadn’t seen.

M

mobrouser

From YouTube:

.....Here's an in-the-making look at Caoba Bistro's DOMINICAN PIZZA! This spot is located in Brooklyn, NYC. Hit that THUMBS UP button and comment below! We love to connect with you! Ingredients below.

City: Brooklyn, NYC
Restaurant: Caoba Bistro (https://www.instagram.com/caoba_bistro)

Ingredients: A fried plantain pizza with vodka sauce, grilled chicken, fried salami, fried cheese, mozzarella cheese & longaniza (Spanish sausage)!......

:classic: mob

A

AlterEgo

LOL at the responses, as an Italian from NYC, it was my reaction too. I thought maybe this was something I just hadn’t seen.

Forgetting about the toppings for a moment........ I’m thinking about the platanos as a substitute for flour dough, for anyone with celiacs/gluten free. I know, sounds gross, but I have to say that cauliflower pizza sounded gross to me too, but when I tried it, it wasn’t bad! Latest craze. So is cauliflower rice, but we all know that will never take hold in DR.

I’ve seen some pretty disgusting pizza in DR. This could actually be an improvement!

D

Dr_Taylor

No, I have not see this, and remain horrified that many put corn on pizza. My friends still laugh when I decline.

D

Dr_Taylor

Forgetting about the toppings for a moment........ I’m thinking about the platanos as a substitute for flour dough, for anyone with celiacs/gluten free. I know, sounds gross, but I have to say that cauliflower pizza sounded gross to me too, but when I tried it, it wasn’t bad! Latest craze. So is cauliflower rice, but we all know that will never take hold in DR.

I’ve seen some pretty disgusting pizza in DR. This could actually be an improvement!
Mr. Moderator, please be advised that I am revoking your NYC alumni membership. The use of the adjective "cauliflower" with pizza represents absolute heresy. Please mail your card and certificate to my SD address. Thanks. :)

M

mobrouser

Should you order pizza in Italy, one of the topping choices is peas.

A

AlterEgo

Mr. Moderator, please be advised that I am revoking your NYC alumni membership. The use of the adjective "cauliflower" with pizza represents absolute heresy. Please mail your card and certificate to my SD address. Thanks. :)

Haha! No chance. I’m related to the original owner of Patsy’s Pizzeria on First Ave & 117th. Gives me irrevocable status. Also means I know good pizza.

I’m just open minded :)