Rumors

H

Hlywud

I have heard that Robert (DR1) has left permanently.

Who is now running the ship ?

Did Dolores buy him out?

L

Luperon

Did Dolores buy him out?
cc59378ea71bce1ca591f0959e2e9f0a.jpg

S

SKY

Not 100% sure, but I believe that Dolores is and always was the owner of DR1 and Robert runs the site for her.

H

Hlywud

I have been told by very good sources that Robert has left permanently ?

I always knew Dolores was the owner of DR1

W

Wishing you well

If he is gone, it was a peaceful transition and very unnoticed BTW.

God speed to Robert if true.

S

SKY

I would think that the moderators would have been told he left if it is in fact true. How about it mods?

D

Dolores

The above is true. The moderators are in the know.

On 29 January 2019, Robert wrote to me:
“Due to upcoming travel commitments and projects, it’s going to be very difficult to keep focused on DR1, so with a heavy heart, it’s time to let it go. It’s been a fun journey and a big part of my life, thank you!”

I have been slow in making announcements because I would like to show and not tell. The switch to a new server and new software for the forum are in the works.

DR1 Forum members, Waitman and AlterEgo are helping in the transition. The plan is to keep what is working and grow from there. The initial plan is to step up the collaborative strengths of DR1.

M

mobrouser

.....I have been slow in making announcements because I would like to show and not tell. The switch to a new server and new software for the forum are in the works.....

Thanks for your commitment to DR1. It is much appreciated.
I am sorry though that your plan was leaked before you were ready to make the announcement.

And Robert, if by chance you are reading, thanks for your work too.

:classic: mob

S

SKY

I think you have to give a lot of credit to Robert. He no longer could spend the time he thought necessary for the job and he told Dolores. Most people would continue collecting their pay even though they could not do the job properly.

Good luck Robert in whatever you do.

D

Drak

The above is true. The moderators are in the know.

On 29 January 2019, Robert wrote to me:
“Due to upcoming travel commitments and projects, it’s going to be very difficult to keep focused on DR1, so with a heavy heart, it’s time to let it go. It’s been a fun journey and a big part of my life, thank you!”

I have been slow in making announcements because I would like to show and not tell. The switch to a new server and new software for the forum are in the works.

DR1 Forum members, Waitman and AlterEgo are helping in the transition. The plan is to keep what is working and grow from there. The initial plan is to step up the collaborative strengths of DR1.

Hi,

Is this the reason why a lot of forums only show posts back to late in January of this year?

Will older threads be made available again, even if in an 'Archives' section?

I can find some stuff still 'online' using Google, even though they don't show up directly from these boards...

-Drak.

D

Derfish

Did Dolores buy him out?

What ever happened to the DR1 Colombia Robert was trying to start a few years ago, 3 or 4 years.
DerFish