Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44
  1. #21
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    4,531
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmythegreek View Post
    Absolutely correct your post. Possibly it can't be deemed an act of defamation as is the case when one claims a person to be a thief, for example. However, I have been informed by several attorneys that a base argument can be made, if it was fully intended to harm or defame the reputation of the individual and fails the litmus test of being a fact.
    Huckleberry Finn is qouted as saying " I know it's the truth, I made it up myself."
    Derfish

  2. #22
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    659
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    Huckleberry Finn is qouted as saying " I know it's the truth, I made it up myself."
    Derfish
    " It's not a lie if you believe it". .. George Costanza from Seinfeld

  3. #23
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,062
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    Huckleberry Finn is qouted as saying " I know it's the truth, I made it up myself."
    Derfish
    Finding a legitimate attorney at a fair price in this country is about the same as winning the lottery. I've seen it all here and it's a joke big time.

  4. #24
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
    There are no guarantees but Guzman has specialists in Condo law. There are many other lawyers who are very knowledgeable but good luck finding them with that attitude. You've asked a lot of questions, been told to get a good lawyer and Fabio Guzman himself took the time to answer one of your many questions. You seem to ignore the good advice you've been given. Perhaps you don't really want assistance.

    Good luck, you're going to need it.
    Guzman is great for the most basic stuff. But complex legal issues or contract dispute, they're probably one of the worst in the country.

  5. Likes jimmythegreek liked this post
  6. #25
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    26,222
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by George101 View Post
    Guzman is great for the most basic stuff. But complex legal issues or contract dispute, they're probably one of the worst in the country.
    And you are basing this off what? For those interested here is a decent read on Dominican law
    in English. http://www.altijdzon.nl/immomexx-report.pdf

  7. #26
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    26,222
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by George101 View Post
    Guzman is great for the most basic stuff. But complex legal issues or contract dispute, they're probably one of the worst in the country.
    And you are basing this off what? Here is an alternative to Guzman, although I used Guzman for my original immigration process and found them very competent at that process. http://aclaw.com/areas/real-estate-tourism/

  8. #27
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    36,916
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    And you are basing this off what? Here is an alternative to Guzman, although I used Guzman for my original immigration process and found them very competent at that process. http://aclaw.com/areas/real-estate-tourism/
    Perhaps Guzman is a firm who doesn't like getting down and dirty like other lawyers seem to enjoy.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

  9. Likes jimmythegreek liked this post
  10. #28
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    36,916
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    And jimmythegreek, I feel your pain. Nobody likes being slandered. I get that fully.

    I'm glad you're out, and hope you can dump that apartment quickly.

    But I do think you're peeing up a rope. I also think that such a pursuit won't end well. You won't get your reputation back and you'll have lost even more Moe Nee. Lose-Lose.

    I'd suck it up, chalk it up as tuition, and move on to a happier life.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

  11. Likes lifeisgreat liked this post
  12. #29
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,062
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    And jimmythegreek, I feel your pain. Nobody likes being slandered. I get that fully.

    I'm glad you're out, and hope you can dump that apartment quickly.

    But I do think you're peeing up a rope. I also think that such a pursuit won't end well. You won't get your reputation back and you'll have lost even more Moe Nee. Lose-Lose.

    I'd suck it up, chalk it up as tuition, and move on to a happier life.
    No worries.....I can let it go...Maybe...But I still have a criminal death threat in written form (and against a minor) and also multiple acts of vandalism against property to prosecute.....So no worries about the defamation....Even through it should be prosecuted as well....

  13. #30
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,062
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by George101 View Post
    Guzman is great for the most basic stuff. But complex legal issues or contract dispute, they're probably one of the worst in the country.
    My sense just from my experience....especially over the last six months is they don't like touching this stuff...or at least the price will be high to do so....just my experience....trying to find an attorney for the criminal stuff.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •