Bed base in wood PINO TRATADO

R

rogerramjet1

Hi
I was told this wood is impervious to comegen. I need to buy a bed base in this material . I must be able to buy it in the puerto plara area. Can someone advise me on where to go, and price for the bed? Thanks

D

Derfish

Hi
I was told this wood is impervious to comegen. I need to buy a bed base in this material . I must be able to buy it in the puerto plara area. Can someone advise me on where to go, and price for the bed? Thanks

Try any freeateria, and buy the boards and build your self. They will cut your piwcws for you if you don't even have nasic saws. But do you really want that smell in your bedroom forever? Termites attacking a varnished bed will take 99 years to do any serious damage, so try a varnished bed frame instead. Or cement blocks like we had in the college dorm.

B

banzai

I used a small piece of aluminum foil to form a small "boat" under each leg, i then sprayed WD-40 into the "boat" and the bed leg. Keep the bed away from the walls, I never had wood worms. Cheers...

W

william webster

I had them once - my bed-
threw the bed frame in the pool for a while....

never had the problem again

touch wood !!..... well... maybe not

hahaha

H

Hillbilly

You can probably find the wood at the big Deposito Ferretero...the one owned by Bournigal...in POP.

Pino tratado is good to use.

However, (there always seems to be a 'however'), I would go to one of the big hardware stores in Santiago--like Bellon or Ochoa or Americana, next to IKEA, and get the proper hardware...make it right.
I would also bet that there is a good carpenter in your area that can make it dirt cheap.

I just had our front door and side panels re-done for $200US...by master craftsmen..it is better than new...like 6 coats of polyurethane. Think showroom perfect... You are welcome to see it.

HB

L

london777

Over the past ten years I have had the same Puerto Plata carpenter to make a dozen or so pieces of furniture for me out of pino tratado and am satisfied as to price and quality. No insect problems.

I could PM you his name and phone number if you are interested.

P

PJT

There is a product sold on Amazon, "Cedar Bug-Free Termiticide". It is applied by its spray bottle to finished and unfinished wood to rid termites and to prevent bug infestations. Since it has been used in this one's house, no bugs attacking furniture. It is expensive, US$ 39 for 32 oz. However, when you weigh the cost of repairing or replacing insect damaged goods it is very well worth the investment.

A side benefit is the clean odor of cedar, no foul insecticide smell.

Regards,

PJT