Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Land Prices

On Probation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    So how big is a terea in acres or meters squared?
    6.4358403664122 tareas in one acre

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    In Juan Dolio prices range from US$160 to US$300 a square meter and here, in a campo near Moncion, Santiago Rodriguez province they are US$3 to US$5 a square meter!

Matilda
    Hi Matilda.... about Juan Dolio land price, would that be anywhere near the beach, on the beach, or near what point of reference do you think?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is very difficult to compare land prices. Location, location, location.
    Obviously land in Las Terenas would have a greater value than land in the campo of Bani. (nothing against Bani, just saying) I have some land in Puerto Plata. I guess I should check and see whats' happening with it.

Rest In Peace Lindsay
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danely18 View Post
    Hi Matilda.... about Juan Dolio land price, would that be anywhere near the beach, on the beach, or near what point of reference do you think?
    Not on the beach but between the main road and the beach - like 5-10 mins walk from the beach.
    Moderator Ladies Only & North West Forums

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eliotra View Post
    For what it’s worth, we were told the going rate for empty land in the campos of San Cristobal is 100,000 per tarea. About $2,000 USD. We haven’t personally bought or sold anything, so that may be meaninglessness
    We live in the campos of San Cristobal, that’s what we heard a few years ago, but nowadays people are asking 250,000 per tarea, but we’re in a beach town, so maybe that’s why.

Admin
    DR1.com

Post Thanks / Like

Can anybody recommend a reliable person who can estimate value of large piece of building land (with public road access) along the ridge of hills behing Puerto Plata? Thank you.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Normal price is 10-20 usd per sqm. Many many places in santiago in that range. Popular locations go up to 50 usd but anymore is a bit out of market range and probably wont sell for decades until inflation catches up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12