Young Women Style of clothes

nidioswife

Mar 3, 2002
Ok everyone.. Haven't been to the Dominican Republic in over 2 years... We went and brought my SIL beautiful style bell bottoms one year, and she turned her nose up on them.. She was too embarrassed to put them on.. I'm sure they finally went into style there, but I'm wondering what the style is now there.. I'm talking more about the Campo.. Like Barahona.. but not so much the big cities..

Thanks!
Jenny

nidioswife

Mar 3, 2002
Thanks!

So very similar to America?! Stringy tops that perhaps tie in the back, or spaghetti string shirts? Tight pants? etc?

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Re: Thanks!

nidioswife said:
So very similar to America?! Stringy tops that perhaps tie in the back, or spaghetti string shirts? Tight pants? etc?

Yep!
The cheap Ho' look never seems to go out of style among the Chopo Class!

Tony C.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Have seen all the things you mentioned on the streets of Sosua.

The dresses that I have seen have been short and tight.

Pants suits are worn by such as bank employees; sort of a uniform. But they are stylish and not bell bottoms or baggy.

nidioswife

Mar 3, 2002
Thanks Everyone...

All of your input has really helped.. Now I know how to buy for my in-laws.. *Smile* Well actually for my one SIL the others are Evengelicals.. They don't wear that stuff.. but they are easy to buy... Long and conservative.. :)

Jenny

rrwells

Mar 19, 2002
and if you're going to buy her booty-tight pants, do her a favor and get the necessary underwear...
(my pet peeve, is booty tight white pants with dark granny cut underwear underneath.. I see it everywhere)

:)

Salomon

Apr 4, 2002
The funniest thing I have seen here is a girl on a motorcycle with low cut jeans and a short shirt. Her entire ass line was showing.
HAY MI DIOS!!!!

rrwells

Mar 19, 2002
Salomon!! How's it going?

Don't forget the spiked heels with jeans.. I feel so sorry for the feet of dominican women and hope that the "comfortable shoe embargo" is lifted soon.

:) Rachel

Salomon

Apr 4, 2002
It is going well rrwells

I decided to stay on Vacation a few more weeks. I am actually starting to have fun.
Going back to the subject, women here wear the most outrages outfits and it?s funny to see them dress as they do on TV. I mean, don?t they have co-producers that tell them that the cloth they are wearing looks terrible on them.

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
the funniest thing I have seen in a while was on the plane down, a 70+ year old woman with a nose ring, zebra stretch top, and spandex pants.... Almost chokec trying not to laugh

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
shadley000 said:
the funniest thing I have seen in a while was on the plane down, a 70+ year old woman with a nose ring, zebra stretch top, and spandex pants....

Please tell me she wasn't your flight attendant! If so, let me know which airline so I can avoid possible future sightings.

Swede

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Bad fashion Police and other stuff

Nidioswife: Just blue jeans, cotton T shirts with decals are daily wear. Evangelicals wear long print dresses.

Perhaps the Style Police could help the co-producers? Just go to the TV station and talk to them.. Sometimes a voice in the wilderness can do wonders, especially if it is given in good form..

As for the 70 yr old woman, completely out of style??? This is just one more register of the attempts to be ' in" without having the knowledge. Like the woman that named her son "Usmail" because she had seen this name on every street corner and wanted her son to be popular in New York....

True story!

HB, with a smile
big.gif

linamia

"an unexamined life is not worth living"
Jan 2, 2002
www.pascual5designs.com
Hey Hillbilly

on the subject of names how does Mickimantel (Mickey Mantel) as a first name and Maiby (Maybe) sound to you ? true I now 2 people with these names.

MrBean

Mar 24, 2002
The way I heard it was, if your pants aren't tight enough to give you an infection, they just aren't tight enough...

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Mr Bean!
Are you still there! I guess I'd stay 'till the last minute too.
By the way, good luck.
You won't see too many extremely tight jeans in Tokyo.
Bon voyage.