Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

do we still need to go to Santo Domingo to purchase insurance for temp res renews?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe this started a few weeks ago, as I started my renewal Apr 28th. No papers required other than what I scanned. I just got notification that payment whs being processed and the will contact me by email once ready. A very simple and clean process. I assume that the medical will still be required(makes no sense...but still a few things like that here). I will still take my existing residency card, cedula and passport with me when attending the interview...to be on the safe side.

3. Likes Riva_31 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaxter View Post
    do we still need to go to Santo Domingo to purchase insurance for temp res renews?
    You don't necessarily have to go to SD to purchase the insurance. The different companies that offer it are in many different cities here in the DR. Go to the office closest to you.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats the problem. I dont know but two and trying to research the companies here are like herding cats
    Thank you for answering. ill go with what i learned from the board. ilive in pto plata and its hard to trust in this country.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Posted in error.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaxter View Post
    Thats the problem. I dont know but two and trying to research the companies here are like herding cats
    Thank you for answering. ill go with what i learned from the board. ilive in pto plata and its hard to trust in this country.
    No need to research them and I think that there are only three. Seguros Patria is one and they have an office in Pto. Plata. They are whom I've been using for the last two years.

8. Likes jaxter liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks good...Thank you for answering Cavok.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Patria also has an office in Sosua and are licensed to write these policies as well. They are located across the street from the Police Station and Playero.

11. Likes cavok, sabra, drstock liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

It appears that medicals are no longer being done in Pto. Plata and probably not in other substations either. A friend of mine who is currently doing his initial residency was scheduled to go to PP. He just got word that it has been cancelled and he now must go to SD for the medical. He's waiting for an appointment time and date.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drro View Post
    Patria also has an office in Sosua and are licensed to write these policies as well. They are located across the street from the Police Station and Playero.
    That's good news. In the past I have gone from Cabarete to the office in Puerto Plata.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast