Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL...tried to pay online, but rejected. A minute after...booked a flight...accepted! Thus no problem with the card. Decided to pay there...my appointment??? 8am in Santo Domingo! So...I have to book a hotel so I can be there???? NOT A CHANCE!!! I have requested a more country wide appointment. LOL...third world problems...all looks good...but a ways to go!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PCMike View Post
    LOL...tried to pay online, but rejected. A minute after...booked a flight...accepted! Thus no problem with the card. Decided to pay there...my appointment??? 8am in Santo Domingo! So...I have to book a hotel so I can be there???? NOT A CHANCE!!! I have requested a more country wide appointment. LOL...third world problems...all looks good...but a ways to go!
    I think the problem is that you need to pay with a Dominican bank card. International cards often don't work on government websites. And am 8am appointment means you will be first to be seen so you'll be in and out quickly.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PCMike View Post
    If you get an appointment much after 1pm, you're starting to cut it close to get your cedula at JCE and ending up to have to spend the night to get it the next day.

Post Thanks / Like

Paid on-line with foreign credit card, printed the receipt, hit "complete process" - worked perfectly here. No issue at all.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billp16 View Post
    Paid on-line with foreign credit card, printed the receipt, hit "complete process" - worked perfectly here. No issue at all.
    I said that foreign cards "often" don't work. There are exceptions.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I do think that there needs to be an attitude adjustment by some people living here / posting on this forum. I have seen the lines of people who wait at Galleria 360 just to get inside the US Visa processing office, mostly to pay a fee and then be told some months later that they have been rejected and will not be allowed to visit the US. Whilst "shock horror" we have presumably a US resident who thinks it is terrible to be offered an appointment at a time which does not suit him at a location that does not suit him which might put him to the inconvenience of paying $60 to stay in a hotel.

For most of us, we are visitors to this country, there is nothing which forces the Dominican Republic to accept us as residents. The country is now beginning to think far more seriously about who it wants in and out, in April 10,000 foreigners were denied entry or deported (and they were not all Haitians).

7. Likes bienamor, Dr_Taylor, tee, jinty05, bigbird liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

This new pay online process can only improve the very repetitive task of renewing every year excellent in my opinion we’re in a new digital world!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalPaul View Post
    I do think that there needs to be an attitude adjustment by some people living here / posting on this forum. I have seen the lines of people who wait at Galleria 360 just to get inside the US Visa processing office, mostly to pay a fee and then be told some months later that they have been rejected and will not be allowed to visit the US. Whilst "shock horror" we have presumably a US resident who thinks it is terrible to be offered an appointment at a time which does not suit him at a location that does not suit him which might put him to the inconvenience of paying $60 to stay in a hotel.

For most of us, we are visitors to this country, there is nothing which forces the Dominican Republic to accept us as residents. The country is now beginning to think far more seriously about who it wants in and out, in April 10,000 foreigners were denied entry or deported (and they were not all Haitians).
    Yes its shocking that people move here, open businesses, raise families, contribute large amounts of money to the GDP and play by all the rules and then have the audacity to expect service from the government.

10. Likes cavok liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Yes its shocking that people move here, open businesses, raise families, contribute large amounts of money to the GDP and play by all the rules and then have the audacity to expect service from the government.
    I am a person who has moved here, got my residency, opened a business which is properly registered and pay several hundred thousand pesos in tax each month. I get nothing but respect from the government as well as great service from immigration. I've never once been told to stand in line for several hours for the pleasure of entering the country (as I frequently have been when entering the U.S.). Personally I don't think that being given an appointment time and told to come to a specific place to get your visa is an example of bad service.

A lot of people on DR1 spend hours explaining how it is not necessary to pay taxes, it's not necessary to go through the legal residency process, don't worry about charging and paying ITBIS or Propinas Legal. These are the ones who are horrified that the government is taking measures to get things organised and putting in more robust procedures.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see how having the appointment for your residency is any worse and maybe better than the same appointment system used at the US consult! Have had 9:30 appointments there and have not gotten to seen anyone until 4 hours later. I think they give the same appointment time to everyone even though you can pick your date and time

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast