Aeromar will never last

LOPTKA

Feb 12, 2002
We bought tickets(6 total) back at the beginning of March.We were doing the jfk to sdq route.We were supposed to leave at 1:30pm to go to DR and on return leave DR at 8am.We had diff. dates to return as me and my 2 kids are staying till Dec when we will just come back for a visit. Well travelocity just notified us of a major schedule change.To go there is now at 7am which would mean be at airport by 5am and leave Mass. to get there before midnight. This is impossible with little kids. Return flight would have arrived at 11:30 am and now it is 11PM!! meaning travel all night to get back home. NO WAY!!! When I tried to get things straightened out with them as they are offering us to fly into Santiago they can only confirm some of us but put rest on waiting list for cancellations. That is ridiculous! Now I am fighting for refund and would rather pay double than with them. I hope I can get a refund or I am screwed. Remember my experience when booking with them!!!:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There is a sale at US AIR?

Did you check out us air?? They seem to have a sale...

Look at this one

http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17374

HB
And Ithink that there is another one mentioned on that same page..

luxhello.gif

LOPTKA

Feb 12, 2002
i]
Did you check out us air?? They seem to have a sale...

The problem with this is I can't leave until after 6/25 because my neice is getting married on the 23rd and one of my girls is the flower girl. Also her mother and 2 sisters are coming with us for 3 weeks as their vacation. It is their return that does not have seats available. They said to call again Monday to see if anything has opened up so I will. Otherwise I will get a refund and just pay more and me and my girls will just leave from our city on US Air. I saw that post and that is when I found out they fly out of my city. Only used to be AA but they have left. Thanks

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Flights

Loptka, Just out of curiousity I checked the Orbitz website for JFK to SDQ flights and found that Aeromar is still publishing the departure time as 1:30 pm at JFK and a return time of 8 am at SDQ. It may be possible the schedule change has not caught up with Orbitz or Travelocity may have it wrong. Have you considered contacting Aeromar direct to find out what is happening. Their toll free number is 1-877-237-6627.

I also checked out the fares and I can see why you did choose Aeromar over American. I check the various travel websites often and will keep you in mind for opportunities that may help you take off. Regards, PJT :)

Curious George

May 2, 2002
Sorry but!!!

Sorry for your troubles but I hope that Aeromar
survives I AM SICK AND TIRED OF AA HAVING A STRANGLE HOLD ON THE CARRIBBEAN. Also all others
venturing to the DR might also want to check out
Mexicana with service from Miami to the DR also.

What worries me about Aeromar is it's safety record.