Meatless Meat (Plant based)

J

jojo2130

Does anyone know if and where plant based meats may be available? I am on the North Coast But go to Santiago often. I saw the release of BEYOND Meat in Canada and I really want to try it ! It seems that it is quite good according to all i have read and Burger King etc are starting to serve this type of burgers.
https://www.beyondmeat.com/

C

chicagoan14

I saw that brand today at Bravo! If you're ever in the capital you'll be able to grab some here.

D

Derfish

You can order from Loma Linda Foods over the internet. They are a Seventhday Adventist company in California/ My sister bought much from them. I remember a roll like a fat three pound sausage marked TURKEY No Meat. I asked her what it was beaks, feathers and bones?

B

bienamor

meatless meat (plant based) sounds like false advertising to me

love it "I remember a roll like a fat three pound sausage marked TURKEY No Meat. I asked her what it was beaks, feathers and bones?"

D

DR_Guy

There's a place in Sonador (just south of Bonao) that makes vegetarian meats. Cant recall the name though

L

LTSteve

Does anyone know if and where plant based meats may be available? I am on the North Coast But go to Santiago often. I saw the release of BEYOND Meat in Canada and I really want to try it ! It seems that it is quite good according to all i have read and Burger King etc are starting to serve this type of burgers.
https://www.beyondmeat.com/

Yes, it's meatless but that doesn't mean it's healthier for you. Search this and you will find that a lot of fat and other flavorings are added to achieve the taste consumers will like. I'll stick with a nice juicy angus beef burger with a side of fries. Thank you very much.

Z

zoomzx11

Yes, it's meatless but that doesn't mean it's healthier for you. Search this and you will find that a lot of fat and other flavorings are added to achieve the taste consumers will like. I'll stick with a nice juicy angus beef burger with a side of fries. Thank you very much.

Exactly, except no fries. There is no free lunch. I expect that what you are getting is chemical flavorings to copy meat, taste smell and appearance.
Like the Doritos and chip packages that are so popular. Its basically a chemical food.
Hey, you like it, eat it but do not think its a health thing.

D

drtampa

Beyond Meat shares have tripled since it went public on May 2nd.

C

Chirimoya

I make my own veggie 'burgers' with lentils, mushrooms, oatmeal and walnuts, onion and garlic, seasoned with cumin, dried oregano and a dash of soy sauce. Loved by meat-eaters and veggies alike.