Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

nothing bad to spot out there for this week so far.
    all running Waves are weak ones and not expected to become any storm,
    like the one which passed over the island this weekend.
    it brought a fresh good feeling cloudy day here on the East yesterday, a shower in the morning and some more last night at my backyard, beautiful. actually the surroundings of the house are lush green and look healthy.

the same goes for the next Wave hitting atlantic waters today and all in between Africa and the Caribbean.
    here on the East we are already sunny again today, with just some lighter clouds lingering still in vicinity.
    Mike

www.MikeFisherPuntaCana.com
    [email protected]
    Punta Cana/Cap Cana/Dominican Republic
    Mike Fisher Facebook Group on

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

It all looks quiet could it be that it was all for this season? Or is it to early to tell?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    It all looks quiet could it be that it was all for this season? Or is it to early to tell?
    it looks indeed quiet, despite the model forecasts to have now perfect storm development conditions, but there aren't.
    nothing on the radar other than some models developing a system mid north atlantic moving Westwards.
    I see completely nothing I could write about.
    we will see what conditions forecasts tell in a week, maybe we are already over for 2019,
    that wouldn't be anything bad.
    Mike

[email protected]

4. Likes caribmike, mountainannie liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Ordered RO membrane replacements for my 3 units that are well water supplied. They are suppose to be good for 2 years. With the ocean salt water intruding due to lack of rain, they lasted only one year.

My weather stations are showing lots of thunder many times and we hear some. But we don't get much rain, if any, at all.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

my weather stations do not hear thunder.
    the only measure temps, winds, water amounts and wave heights.
    to hear Thunder I use my 8 years ole fashioned system, a 2lbs Chihuahua named Lucy.
    she can hear thunder from many many miles away and signal's her "finding" by jumping under the bed and not coming back out for a couple hrs at least, lol.
    Mike

[email protected]

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Ya, we have a thunder alert dog too. We have had several weather stations over the years with most lasting about 1 year at best due to rusting, moving parts stop moving, wire/wifi connections fail and having to change batteris on the top of the roof.... that have leaked.

Have two of these now. No exposed metal or moving parts. The high pole mounted unit is solar so don't have to change batteries. (pool cleaning pole works great.) Over a year and really like them.

https://weatherflow.com/smart-home-weather-stations/

8. Likes MikeFisher liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DR Solar View Post
    Ya, we have a thunder alert dog too. We have had several weather stations over the years with most lasting about 1 year at best due to rusting, moving parts stop moving, wire/wifi connections fail and having to change batteris on the top of the roof.... that have leaked.

Have two of these now. No exposed metal or moving parts. The high pole mounted unit is solar so don't have to change batteries. (pool cleaning pole works great.) Over a year and really like them.

https://weatherflow.com/smart-home-weather-stations/
    I did not know that one and have to say it looks very teasing, and on a very low price.
    there may be a new christmas gift for myself in order.
    thanks for the link
    Mike

[email protected]

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Too expensive. I'll stick with MikeFisher.

11. Likes MikeFisher liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DR Solar View Post
    Ordered RO membrane replacements for my 3 units that are well water supplied. They are suppose to be good for 2 years. With the ocean salt water intruding due to lack of rain, they lasted only one year.

My weather stations are showing lots of thunder many times and we hear some. But we don't get much rain, if any, at all.
    Your RO membranes should last a lot longer than 2 years with good pre-treatment and proper membrane recovery / flux rates. If you wish, send me your well water data and your system data, and I will be glad to have a look and run the numbers. Things like iron, manganese, and calcium reduce membrane life expectancy, and usually can be neutralized.

13. Likes MikeFisher liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The NHC is showing a tropical wave moving off the coast of Africa this week. Mike what are your thoughts on this one please? They say tropical cyclone formation is unlikely this late in the season but are forecasting a 30% chance of development.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast