What is the actual location for the new Ritz Carlton Cabarete?

W

windeguy

There will be a meeting this week discussing the new Ritz Carlton being built east of Cabarete.

People think it will be at La Boca, which I doubt very much. Other projects have been denied because of ecological reasons and I doubt even the Mormons can overcome that...

Anyone know exactly where it will be? If anyone goes to the meeting, please post what you find out.

14cz5eb.jpg

Last edited:
B

Big

Ritz Carlton in Cab east. I am highly sceptical. Especially in that area. So much garbage washes down the river and ends up on the beach they would have to sift the sand hourly. Ritz Carlton, St Regis and Four Seasons are premium properties that cater to the highest of the high end. No way there is a market for that clientele on the North coast. Maybe a Holiday inn or an eco type joint. But not a place where woman are walking around in 800 dollar Christian Louboutin pumps

M

melphis

Years ago there was a project called Roco Key just out of Bavaro. It was supposed to have a Ritz in it. I don't know what happened but it is now sitting in a state of disrepair. The new 18 floor hotel being built as Macao beach is right beside it.

W

windeguy

Ritz Carlton in Cab east. I am highly sceptical. Especially in that area. So much garbage washes down the river and ends up on the beach they would have to sift the sand hourly. Ritz Carlton, St Regis and Four Seasons are premium properties that cater to the highest of the high end. No way there is a market for that clientele on the North coast. Maybe a Holiday inn or an eco type joint. But not a place where woman are walking around in 800 dollar Christian Louboutin pumps

You can be skeptical. I always am until opening day, but I understand that Marriott is very serious about three projects on the north coast and the Ritz Carlton Reserve is one of them. Just trying to find out exactly where the Ritz will be since the other two are already identified as to locations:

Santo Domingo.- The Marriott International hotel chains and the real estate developers The Ocean Club Group on Tues. unveiled a merger to establish a new tourism standard and announced the construction of two luxury hotels.

They said the properties to be built in Puerto Plata at a cost of US$350.0 million will create 2,000 direct jobs, will increase the offer of lodging in the market and pave the way to a new niche for luxury tourism in the country.

“We are happy to have the opportunity to bring three of the most extraordinary and distinctive brands of Marriott to the Dominican Republic and in particular to the North Coast. This unique set of properties will make the area an irresistible destination for visitors from around the world,” said Marriott International director of development Laurent de Kousemaeker.

The agreement aims to bring to the country three Marriott International luxury brands; The Ritz-Carlton Reserve, W Hotels and The Luxury Collection, whose construction is slated to start in 2019.

https://dominicantoday.com/dr/touri...-build-2-hotels-in-puerto-plata-for-us350-0m/

W

windeguy

Another announcement of the plans by Marriott for 3 hotels

Marriott announces a construction of three hotels in Puerto Plata - an innovative project that will cost US$350 millions

PUERTO PLATA.- The Marriott International hotel chain, which is the leading hospitality company in the world, announced that with the investment of 350 million dollars in partnership with real estate developers, it will build three luxury hotels in Cabarete, in the eastern part of Puerto Plata province.

It is specified that Marriott International and the real estate developers The Ocean Club Group, joined to establish a new standard of tourism in the Dominican Republic, for which they announced the construction of luxury hotels and a change of brand to one of their existing properties.

This will represent three hotels of the most captivating luxury brands of Marriott International: The Luxury Collection, W Hotels and Ritz-Carlton Reserve and will entail an economic investment of more than 350 million dollars which is expected to create more than 2 thousand new direct jobs.

It is already expected that these new hotels will increase the hospitality offer in the market and create a new niche for luxury tourism in the country, because the distinctive offers in each property and the stunning natural beauty of the North Coast from the Dominican Republic, they aim to establish Puerto Plata as one of the most desirable luxury destinations in the Caribbean.

“We are delighted to have the opportunity to bring three of the most extraordinary and distinctive brands of Marriott to the Dominican Republic, and in particular, to the North Coast.” This exclusive set of properties will make the area a truly irresistible destination for visitors of all the world, “said Laurent de Kousemaeker, Development Director, Marriott International Caribbean and Latin America.

Marriott International currently operates six properties in the Dominican Republic and will offer even more options for travelers with the introduction of these three unique luxury resorts, while the Ocean Club Group has been redefining tourism in the North Coast in recent years.

“Marriott International is pleased to expand its presence in the Dominican Republic, and we look forward to the day when we can welcome guests to enjoy the natural beauty, warmth and culture of the country.” Our goal is to transform the North Coast of the Dominican Republic placing it on the map as a luxury destination, “said Ian Schembri-Sant, CEO of The Ocean Club Group.

In this regard, said: “We are happy to work together with a prestigious company such as Marriott International and see the North Coast of the Dominican Republic, especially Puerto Plata as a precious stone that, if polished, will shine extraordinarily.”

The representatives of Marriott International indicated that the virgin nature of the destination Puerto Plata and other locations on the North coast is what makes the region so special, so the three projects will focus heavily on preserving the surrounding environments of the resorts to provide guests with a true Dominican experience.

Source: Puerto Plata Digital

Dec 13, 2018

B

Big

sure its coming! Right next too that other massive vacant complex that went under. I would be happy with a simple dry- cleaner in Cabarete

W

windeguy

sure its coming! Right next too that other massive vacant complex that went under. I would be happy with a simple dry- cleaner in Cabarete

I have been here for 16 years and never once thought about dry cleaning services. If it can't be cleaned in a washing machine, it got tossed out.

Now, did anyone hear about the actual location of the new Ritz Carlton Reserve or additional news from the meeting today?

W

windeguy

This report does indeed say La Boca for the Ritz Carlton Reserve

Just spotted this older report:

Cousteau spoke in these terms during the meeting, together with Richard Murphy, during a visit to Ángel Esteves , Minister of the Environment, who spoke about their environmental program "Embajadores del Medio Ambiente", a project that will soon take place in La Boca, Cabarete, with the construction of the Ritz Carlton Reserve hotel.

https://www.arecoa.com/protagonista...a-unico-clase-elementos-ecologicos-perfectos/

That would not be right next to another old resort that went out of business if true.

B

Big

This is great news. They can probably draw clientele from that new ultra high roller all inclusive place, where they wear colored wrist bands.Or maybe cut into the customer base from all those super chic boutique hotels in Cab east....Ritz Carlton is about 600-700 dollars a night, minimum.All menus are a la carte.Some developer is probably trying to sell some property. Ritz Carlton ain't coming to Cab east, Sosua or POP for that matter

D

drstock

Definitely looks like La Boca or nearby. There is a guy who has an operation called Rugama Tours which has an eco garden up-river near the main road. They do meals and river trips to La Boca

W

windeguy

This is great news. They can probably draw clientele from that new ultra high roller all inclusive place, where they wear colored wrist bands.Or maybe cut into the customer base from all those super chic boutique hotels in Cab east....Ritz Carlton is about 600-700 dollars a night, minimum.All menus are a la carte.Some developer is probably trying to sell some property. Ritz Carlton ain't coming to Cab east, Sosua or POP for that matter

The Ritz Carlton Reserve will be in La Boca, which is in the eastern part of Cabarete.
I too will wait for the doors to open, but I suspect they will along with the two other high end Marriott resorts in Sosua and Cabarete.

B

Big

Well sir I hope you are correct. I am quite familiar with the area. However if I was to bet, I would say its 100 to 1 against a Ritz Carlton. Marriot aint no Ritz destination. You can get a hotel room at a Marriott property for 150 dollars a night. Ritz Carlton properties are almost always over 500 dollars a night. The Ritz Reserve in Puerto Rico is about 800 U.S a night and dinner for 2 in the hotel is another 250.00.. a la carte menu is the standard and that is $$$$$
The Ritz in Miami Bal Harbour can be had for 350- 400 a night but after they hit you with mandatory resort fees, Florida tax and add ons its 500 a night. My point is, that it is exclusive and expensive and being a business guy I just don't see the market in Cabarete, especially down the road towards that lovely destination Sabaneta

W

windeguy

So Big, do you feel the same way about Marriott also opening a W Resort on Cabarete Beach and taking over the Ganesvoort in Sosua? Those are the other two hotels Marriott announced along with the Ritz Carlton at La Boca. I don't expect the prices will be any lower here than they are in Puerto Rico, which is not an island I care to visit again.

Marriott is the parent company of Ritz Carlton, by the way. I see nothing that will stop the three Marriott projects at this point.

There is an Amanera resort just a ways down the main highway at Playa Grande.
Not a Ritz Carlton and even higher end, so some people think this level will work.

https://www.aman.com/resorts/amanera

Last edited:
C

cavok

La Boca is somewhat isolated - just like Amanera, so maybe Ritz-Carlton is looking at it the same way(?).

B

Big

Yes, Time will tell,. A looong time. Marriott has several brands, I am very familiar. Their premier brand is the Ritz. They are almost never sold or rebranded like their other properties.

R

Ricardo900

Marriott International is a multi-billion dollar corporation with locations on all 5 continents. I strongly believe they conducted their due-diligence and projections for the next 20 years. This is not a fly by the pants tourist looking to move into paradise. They are in the business of running successful hotels and resorts.

B

Big

Marriott International is a multi-billion dollar corporation with locations on all 5 continents. I strongly believe they conducted their due-diligence and projections for the next 20 years. This is not a fly by the pants tourist looking to move into paradise. They are in the business of running successful hotels and resorts.

I agree, that's why I don't believe they are coming to Cab east.