Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 166
  1. #151
    Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    322
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctrob View Post
    Interesting. An area set aside for "public domain", inside their property lines, that they will probably be responsible for and maintain. They probably cut a deal allowing them to make a portion of their beach "private" for their guests. A win-win.
    Maybe and maybe not. From the article quoted I read that they want to build houses or a hotel on what is considered public domain today.

    Number 7 in the photo

    The only land in front of the beach (more than 30,000 m2) does not belong to investors but it is floodplain that is in the public domain. In that area, the Ritz Carlton Reserve hotel with 105 rooms appears. They previously tried to make a sanitation but was rejected by the land court of Puerto Plata with judgment 0269-18-00807 of April 27, 2018. Now it is heard that they are trying to make a demarcation of those lands without having any occupation and without have titles because they are unregistered land.

  2. #152
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The "eco-environment" there has long been destroyed. Locals cut down all mangroves to fish closer to the bank edges. All the snook in there is long gone due to mass netting and fishing pressure by locals. The river water is putrid dirty and loaded with bacteria and anything put in it upstream from the mountain.

    Development here would only enhance and protect whatever remains there. The flooding at the mouth can be controlled. It will improve the area. Overall flooding can be controlled.

    I guess they had to take this literal Jacque Cousteau approach to appease the tree huggers but still.

    All three Ocean Club deals will be so great for the North Coast.

  3. #153
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    30,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Anything is possible, perhaps environmentalists can go to court and override the approval of the Ritz Carlton Reserve project at La Boca that was given by Danilo Medina, which they seem to fail to mention. But I think not.

    Recall I mentioned that a few years ago, a group of investors flew into the DR to talk about developing the north coast? They spoke to very influential people in the DR and the picture below shows some of those people. The article mentions who some of those investors were. Many did not believe this would amount to anything.

    https://somospueblo.com/planean-cons...sica-cabarete/

    On a related but more Sosua based topic: Is there anyone who still thinks what happened on Pedro Clisante was the Mayor's fault? Is there anyone out there who thinks Willie as the next mayor could "change it back"?

  4. #154
    Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    322
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Anything is possible, perhaps environmentalists can go to court and override the approval of the Ritz Carlton Reserve project at La Boca that was given by Danilo Medina, which they seem to fail to mention. But I think not.
    It is mentioned. When looking at what happened at Encuentro, Lifestyle Cabarete, Laguna Cabarete etc.

    Money talks

    The height of all this is that now a presidential decree 337-19 appears (there are 5 decrees in total for the 3 projects) for the use of the 60 meters of the maritime strip and the 30 meters of the Yasica river. That decree seems dictated by the promoters themselves without any control from the presidency. Several numbers of plots are indicated but the only plot in the name of Connemara Srl (Ritz Carlton Reserve) is 48B and has no oceanfront. That means they cannot use the 60 meters of the maritime strip because they are not the rightful owners of the land by the sea.

  5. Likes windeguy liked this post
  6. #155
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    30,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by etolw View Post
    It is mentioned. When looking at what happened at Encuentro, Lifestyle Cabarete, Laguna Cabarete etc.

    Money talks

    The height of all this is that now a presidential decree 337-19 appears (there are 5 decrees in total for the 3 projects) for the use of the 60 meters of the maritime strip and the 30 meters of the Yasica river. That decree seems dictated by the promoters themselves without any control from the presidency. Several numbers of plots are indicated but the only plot in the name of Connemara Srl (Ritz Carlton Reserve) is 48B and has no oceanfront. That means they cannot use the 60 meters of the maritime strip because they are not the rightful owners of the land by the sea.
    Could be identical in "function" as to what happened at Encuentro.

    Money does talk. At least I had more than several days at both Wilson's old and new locations there.

  7. Likes etolw liked this post
  8. #156
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,184
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The new access road for the Ritz Carlton is just before you get to the cabana Costa Mar. Drove by there today and was going to drive in and take a look, but they've now put up a small fence at the entrance.

  9. Likes Linda Stapleton, windeguy liked this post
  10. #157
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    510
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thanks for the update.

  11. #158
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    30,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    The new access road for the Ritz Carlton is just before you get to the cabana Costa Mar. Drove by there today and was going to drive in and take a look, but they've now put up a small fence at the entrance.
    A new entrance road avoiding the abanoned resorts makes perfect sense.

  12. #159
    Bronze
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,616
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    A new entrance road avoiding the abanoned resorts makes perfect sense.
    I was wonder about that ..the road of shame!

  13. #160
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    345
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisgreat View Post
    I was wonder about that ..the road of shame!
    Still a pretty shameful drive from the airport.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •