Amdro

C

cobraboy

I've been chasing the same 3 piles of ants, a form of fire ants, around the yard at Camp Mopto for years.

In FL when ants would appear, I'd sprinkle some Amdro Fire Ant Bait or Ant Block and within a week or so, no more ants. The theory is ants think Amdro is food, so they take it back to the queen, she dines & dies, so the colony dies.

I have yet to find Amdro Ant Bait or an equivalent here. All I can find is a liquid poison that kills the ants, but not the ones in the colony.
Anyone know where Amdro is available, or of a local equivalent?

B

bob saunders

I've been chasing the same 3 piles of ants, a form of fire ants, around the yard at Camp Mopto for years.

In FL when ants would appear, I'd sprinkle some Amdro Fire Ant Bait or Ant Block and within a week or so, no more ants. The theory is ants think Amdro is food, so they take it back to the queen, she dines & dies, so the colony dies.

I have yet to find Amdro Ant Bait or an equivalent here. All I can find is a liquid poison that kills the ants, but not the ones in the colony.
Anyone know where Amdro is available, or of a local equivalent?

You could order some of this http://www.antbuster.com/product.asp

L

lifeisgreat

Go to colmado buy small packet of ant killer from China...don’t know what it is but works with just few grains on ant or termite problem 25 peso ... we put it in glad bag so Humidity don’t get to it ,last a yr

C

cobraboy

Go to colmado buy small packet of ant killer from China...don’t know what it is but works with just few grains on ant or termite problem 25 peso ... we put it in glad bag so Humidity don’t get to it ,last a yr
Does it kill the entire colony, or just makes the ants undergroiund move around?

C

cavok

Amdro is the best. I used that in Florida, too, for fire ants. Works like a charm.

L

lifeisgreat

Does it kill the entire colony, or just makes the ants undergroiund move around?
It kills the entire colony..killed an entire termite colony in tree also, old timer here showed me how easy it was and effective
Don’t know what the hell it is , small packet with Chinese writing and ant picture on it.. takes a few days after doing it then gone..

A

AlterEgo

It kills the entire colony..killed an entire termite colony in tree also, old timer here showed me how easy it was and effective
Don’t know what the hell it is , small packet with Chinese writing and ant picture on it.. takes a few days after doing it then gone..

Mr AE bought one of those packets, they work.

C

Celt202

This stuff wiped out cockroaches in my veehickle and kitchen.

igynvm.jpg

One of the cats got at it and was vomiting but that was all.

Now when a cockroach or ants appear I put a little bit where the cats can't get at it and the pests disappear like Paulie.

I buy mine at Agroveterinaria La Iguana at km 9 Duarte highway northbound just before the Transporte Espinal terminal and just after the Police station. It's about a short football field on the right after the big km 9 bus station with the pedestrian bridge in front of it.

A good agroveterinaria should carry it. I think single packets cost about 10 pesos.

C

cobraboy

We have no real issues with ants in the house. If we see some, we use some Hot Shot liquid ant bait in the little clear housing where the ants appear, and they disappear. Maybe they go somewhere else. Same with cockroaches.

But the yard ants are a different story. They seem to be a variety of fire ants that build large mounds almost overnight. The only product that eliminated whole colonies in FL was Amdro.

C

Celt202

We have no real issues with ants in the house. If we see some, we use some Hot Shot liquid ant bait in the little clear housing where the ants appear, and they disappear. Maybe they go somewhere else. Same with cockroaches.

But the yard ants are a different story. They seem to be a variety of fire ants that build large mounds almost overnight. The only product that eliminated whole colonies in FL was Amdro.

I don't know if Green Leaf works with fire ants but it's worth a shot with a packet or two. There's a vaguely chocolate odor to it that may in fact be chocolate to attract the insects. The ants may take it back to the hive for the buffet.

If it works the price is right.

L

lifeisgreat

That’s what started my war...fire ants!! Stepped on mound didn’t realize ended up naked in pool ...just put a couple grains and your done..I find ever 6 weeks new one pops up...hell I’ve seen pipe buried here 12” come magically near top after a yr or two from ant activity ..you will never get rid but control to acceptable level...we also spray around foundation once a month and don’t have issues in house...

J

JDJones

I can buy it online, although I don't know how customs and EPS will handle it because of toxicity. I will find out on Monday.

Have you tried mixing baking soda with a little bit of powdered sugar? That seems to work quite well for me and doesn't harm the aminals.

C

cobraboy

Plus zapping them one at a time would get boring. You'd also go through a ton of batteries.
Yeah, there's that.

EPS said there should be no shipping issue, so I ordered two 6oz. containers of Amdro for fire ants.

C

Celt202

While you're waiting try putting some plantain pizza on the pile.