Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    I do occasional favors for friends like you do.

I learned many years ago to not order anything without being paid for it.... including estimated courier shipping and handling.

If they owe me something still, it gets paid before the item is handed over.

Doing it that way really weeds out the dreamers.
    absolutely, JD. the problem is that they believe that since you are a foreigner, of any stripe, you can afford to extend them generosity. and bear one thing in mind..Dominicans really look out for their own. if you do a favor for one guy, you would hope it is held in confidence, between you both. not so. he is going to tell everyone who will listen that you are generous, and they should go and take advantage of you. so, as you said, if someone else wants something, they get it when i see all the money. otherwise, you will never see all the money.

2. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    absolutely, JD. the problem is that they believe that since you are a foreigner, of any stripe, you can afford to extend them generosity. and bear one thing in mind..Dominicans really look out for their own. if you do a favor for one guy, you would hope it is held in confidence, between you both. not so. he is going to tell everyone who will listen that you are generous, and they should go and take advantage of you. so, as you said, if someone else wants something, they get it when i see all the money. otherwise, you will never see all the money.
    You may have misunderstood what I wrote. I have to have payment in hand before I will even order the item.

I learned that years ago when a phone was lost after it arrived at the courier (business mail) and disappeared.

I ended up eating that one and switched couriers.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    You may have misunderstood what I wrote. I have to have payment in hand before I will even order the item.

I learned that years ago when a phone was lost after it arrived at the courier (business mail) and disappeared.

I ended up eating that one and switched couriers.
    i agree with you. i learned that the hard way. i ordered a phone which was advertised on EBAY as being unlocked. when it got here, it was locked. if it had been a Sprint, or AT and T, and it was below Android 8, my guy could have unlocked it. turns out it was Boost Mobile, and nobody here can crack those. so, i had to eat it. i solved the matter by getting the same make and model phone, which was unlocked, but had fallen and broken the screen. i used the two to make one. then the prick tried to beat the price down, with some crap about ''original''. i was letting him have a phone which sells for 10k pesos for 3500. i told him to bugger off and go buy somebody else's phone. asshat still has no phone.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

AH!
    The gorgon returns.....

shades of yesteryear !!!
    sharp elbows and tongue....full of venom .....

hahaha

go get'em ML.....

just funnin'...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    AH!
    The gorgon returns.....

shades of yesteryear !!!
    sharp elbows and tongue....full of venom .....

hahaha

go get'em ML.....

just funnin'...
    just sharing information. do not hold your breath if you expect to see me in a back and forth with anyone.

7. Likes JDJones, JDFriend liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    i am a sucker for punishment. i always try to help folks, but the DR is a pendejo culture. if you have a generous disposition, people believe it is their civic duty to exploit you. they mistake kindness for weakness...i will never understand it. they will try to beat you out of five pesos, on a one shot deal, rather than create a long lasting relationship.
    It goes to show the quality of persons you are subjecting yourself to. Why do this to yourself at your advanced age? This is not a good equation.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    It goes to show the quality of persons you are subjecting yourself to. Why do this to yourself at your advanced age? This is not a good equation.
    see post number 35.

10. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There are 3rd party shipping company you can use. CPS is one of them. Google it. send phone to miami. done lie on value it will get held up for months in customs as payback, they aint stupid, send an iphone 6 nice and old. anyway you have to be a member its cheap, like 4$ US per pund to ship

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234