Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default shipping an Iphone

Hey guys, I need to send an Iphone to Dom Rep but am clueless as to what would be the best and safest option to do so... I live in NY and wanna buy it here in the states cause I can get a better deal and even buy it used if I want.

Please help!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

As long as it's under $200, no problem.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    As long as it's under $200, no problem.
    If is value more than 200.00 custom will make all charges, another option is to send it with somebody, as you live in NY, always some body is traveling

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Your "mom" is going to love that IPhone. lol

5. Likes zoomzx11 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    Your "mom" is going to love that IPhone. lol
    and her boyfriend.

7. Likes zoomzx11, jd426 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a "friend" who always added software programs to the phones he gifted. No harm in being safe.
    What was the phrase from the Iran US nuclear treaty, "trust but verify"?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Out of hundreds of items I have imported to the DR, I have only had problems twice. Both were iPhones.

I have had two iPhones imported in for my wife. One was "lost" by USPS and it took a long time for Ebay to credit that loss.

The second had a "factura" for less than $200, but customs disagreed with that vaule and duty was paid anyway.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe all cell phones shipped into the DR are now subject to duty/taxes - the charges being determined by Aduanas.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Out of hundreds of items I have imported to the DR, I have only had problems twice. Both were iPhones.

I have had two iPhones imported in for my wife. One was "lost" by USPS and it took a long time for Ebay to credit that loss.

The second had a "factura" for less than $200, but customs disagreed with that vaule and duty was paid anyway.
    Yes, If they are not happy with your factura and think is fake and can not verify that you really paid that then they make you pay taxes anyway to clear your phone. Thats why I like to pay with paypal, more easy to show how much you paid for the items. They stoped a phone That I purchased, I sent the paypal invoice and all was fine.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    Yes, If they are not happy with your factura and think is fake and can not verify that you really paid that then they make you pay taxes anyway to clear your phone. Thats why I like to pay with paypal, more easy to show how much you paid for the items. They stoped a phone That I purchased, I sent the paypal invoice and all was fine.
    After the hard time I received getting reimbursed by Ebay for the iPhone USPS lost, I was advised to always pay with my credit card on Ebay. My credit card company would have cleared up the matter very quickly in my favor and I would also have an invoice showing what I actually paid.

On the phone that I was charged duty on, there was no real invoice, it was an extra phone in a plan her daughter signed up for in the US. It was cheap to get in anyway.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast