shipping an Iphone

M

mekkizm

Hey guys, I need to send an Iphone to Dom Rep but am clueless as to what would be the best and safest option to do so... I live in NY and wanna buy it here in the states cause I can get a better deal and even buy it used if I want.

Please help!

R

Riva_31

As long as it's under $200, no problem.

If is value more than 200.00 custom will make all charges, another option is to send it with somebody, as you live in NY, always some body is traveling

Z

zoomzx11

I had a "friend" who always added software programs to the phones he gifted. No harm in being safe.
What was the phrase from the Iran US nuclear treaty, "trust but verify"?

W

windeguy

Out of hundreds of items I have imported to the DR, I have only had problems twice. Both were iPhones.

I have had two iPhones imported in for my wife. One was "lost" by USPS and it took a long time for Ebay to credit that loss.

The second had a "factura" for less than $200, but customs disagreed with that vaule and duty was paid anyway.

C

Cdn_Gringo

I believe all cell phones shipped into the DR are now subject to duty/taxes - the charges being determined by Aduanas.

R

Riva_31

Out of hundreds of items I have imported to the DR, I have only had problems twice. Both were iPhones.

I have had two iPhones imported in for my wife. One was "lost" by USPS and it took a long time for Ebay to credit that loss.

The second had a "factura" for less than $200, but customs disagreed with that vaule and duty was paid anyway.

Yes, If they are not happy with your factura and think is fake and can not verify that you really paid that then they make you pay taxes anyway to clear your phone. Thats why I like to pay with paypal, more easy to show how much you paid for the items. They stoped a phone That I purchased, I sent the paypal invoice and all was fine.

W

windeguy

Yes, If they are not happy with your factura and think is fake and can not verify that you really paid that then they make you pay taxes anyway to clear your phone. Thats why I like to pay with paypal, more easy to show how much you paid for the items. They stoped a phone That I purchased, I sent the paypal invoice and all was fine.

After the hard time I received getting reimbursed by Ebay for the iPhone USPS lost, I was advised to always pay with my credit card on Ebay. My credit card company would have cleared up the matter very quickly in my favor and I would also have an invoice showing what I actually paid.

On the phone that I was charged duty on, there was no real invoice, it was an extra phone in a plan her daughter signed up for in the US. It was cheap to get in anyway.

M

mekkizm

Your "mom" is going to love that IPhone. lol

Not for my mom but since you wanna be cute I’ll tell you..
It’s for the hottest Dominican piece of yummy I’ve ever seen and we have an AMAZING time when I’m there a few times year... (4 ). A Used iPhone 7 is soooo worth the price of admission...

??????

T

the gorgon

Did you make your registration at DGA website for online shoppers?

no, i did not. i am not operating a for profit business. i lose on every phone i import. i do this because i know a lot of people who have no way to buy stuff over the internet, because they have no pc, and they have no credit cards. they ask me to do them the favor of importing a phone, or a tablet. i make zero, and more often than not, i lose, because guys here have not yet learned to honor a debt, and i have not learned to say no.

R

Riva_31

no, i did not. i am not operating a for profit business. i lose on every phone i import. i do this because i know a lot of people who have no way to buy stuff over the internet, because they have no pc, and they have no credit cards. they ask me to do them the favor of importing a phone, or a tablet. i make zero, and more often than not, i lose, because guys here have not yet learned to honor a debt, and i have not learned to say no.

Well you better register yourself and everybody you purchase for on the web, because if you are not registred here https://www.aduanas.gob.do/de-interés/consultas/registro-courier/ as far of July 2019 all packages received with not owner registred as online currier shopper will be hold by DGA.

Z

zoomzx11

Not for my mom but since you wanna be cute I’ll tell you..
It’s for the hottest Dominican piece of yummy I’ve ever seen and we have an AMAZING time when I’m there a few times year... (4 ). A Used iPhone 7 is soooo worth the price of admission...

������

We knew that already.

T

the gorgon

Well you better register yourself and everybody you purchase for on the web, because if you are not registred here https://www.aduanas.gob.do/de-interés/consultas/registro-courier/ as far of July 2019 all packages received with not owner registred as online currier shopper will be hold by DGA.

suits me fine. i will not be doing this any more, anyway. too many people who want stuff for nothing, and do not want to pony up my money when the stuff gets here.