Punta Cana Honeymoon Destination

S

sunilsingh

HI All, I am planning for a honeymoon trip to Punta Cana. What are your suggestions? I am planning to visit in June. How is the weather? Any help?

D

Dr_Taylor

HI All, I am planning for a honeymoon trip to Punta Cana. What are your suggestions? I am planning to visit in June. How is the weather? Any help?
It may be helpful to provide some of your desires. For example, are you looking for an all inclusive (AI) or looking to lease an apartment? Are you looking for the Punta Cana resort beaches or a beach in a small town within an hour's drive of Punta Cana? Do you speak any Spanish? What activities do you like? Provide some more information, and folk here will be able to make suggestions.

R

Riva_31

It may be helpful to provide some of your desires. For example, are you looking for an all inclusive (AI) or looking to lease an apartment? Are you looking for the Punta Cana resort beaches or a beach in a small town within an hour's drive of Punta Cana? Do you speak any Spanish? What activities do you like? Provide some more information, and folk here will be able to make suggestions.

Correct, here we have way more diferents scenarios than Just Punta Cana, or maybe you would like to combinate, Punta Cana and Santo Domingo, lately I have seem more and more people staying on weekends in Santo Domingo and weekdays in Punta Cana. Colonial Zone in Santo Domingo has very nice Hoteles and places to visit. As Dr_Taylor said tell us more.

About the weather in June, for sure is hot and maybe we can get some rain.

J

jeb321

Correct, here we have way more diferents scenarios than Just Punta Cana, or maybe you would like to combinate, Punta Cana and Santo Domingo, lately I have seem more and more people staying on weekends in Santo Domingo and weekdays in Punta Cana. Colonial Zone in Santo Domingo has very nice Hoteles and places to visit. As Dr_Taylor said tell us more.

About the weather in June, for sure is hot and maybe we can get some rain.

Sorry Riva I need to disagree. I do not suggest going to Santo Domingo at all. On a honeymoon in June or for that matter most anytime. There is really nothing. Colonial City? I wouldn't hype it up. Of course depending on the intellectual stimulation these honeymooners are looking for it truly is a personal choice. But Santo Domingo is not someplace I would suggest to stay for a weekend and get a taste of the ahem ahem local culture. But it would be a change.

R

Riva_31

Sorry Riva I need to disagree. I do not suggest going to Santo Domingo at all. On a honeymoon in June or for that matter most anytime. There is really nothing. Colonial City? I wouldn't hype it up. Of course depending on the intellectual stimulation these honeymooners are looking for it truly is a personal choice. But Santo Domingo is not someplace I would suggest to stay for a weekend and get a taste of the ahem ahem local culture. But it would be a change.

Remember my friend that not every body likes the same, before every body was coming here just because we only was selling and talking about the beaches, now things are changing.

J

jeb321

Remember my friend that not every body likes the same, before every body was coming here just because we only was selling and talking about the beaches, now things are changing.

Ok. Please advise...what things are changing or have changed. I am very interested to find out. We have always wanted in the past to visit all the caribbean islands for one reason only...the beach and the beautiful ocean. Had never thought about a cultural experience. Left that for Europe.

G

Garyexpat

Personally I'm not a fan of Punta Cana however I can see it would be a good destination for a honeymoon. I only go over when someone is over on vacation and don't ask for suggestions prior to booking.
I have been over twice in a year (last time just weeks ago) and both times was to the resort CHIC. Both times the couples that came over booked CHIC because it is adults only. If you don't want kids around on your honeymoon you might want to consider it.
BTW - Congratulations!

C

chico bill

My advice - Don't get married. Save on the, wedding & frustration and turn the honeymoon into a more exiting singles vacation with the GF or maybe take 2.

R

Riva_31

Ok. Please advise...what things are changing or have changed. I am very interested to find out. We have always wanted in the past to visit all the caribbean islands for one reason only...the beach and the beautiful ocean. Had never thought about a cultural experience. Left that for Europe.

Dont know if you knew but more and more people that are visitting Punta Cana leave their resorts and stay 2 days in Santo Domingo because they want to see more than just a beach, or first arrive to Santo Domingo and then go to Punta Cana, let me show you few examples.

R

Riva_31

The new face of El Malecón

R

Riva_31

This a Brazilean couple explaning how to get out of Punta Cana, hope you can speak spanish because at the end of the video you will undesntand what the guy says about his trip out of Punta Cana, he said they are going back to Punta Cana to the airport Santo Domingo was very special and that he was really impressed, and that really worth to combine Santo Domingo with Punta Cana.

R

Riva_31

The restauration of the Colonial Zone will continue in his second phase, maybe you didnt know that in the Colonial Zone there are arround 200 museums, a lot of them has been doing renovations, and also the Musseums in the Plaza de la Cultural and under same process of renovation.

There are a lot videos of travelers that combine Santo Domingo with Punta Cana, some of the staying in the colonial zone and some other staying in the modern part of Santo Domingo.

In part this is what has made in the later years Santo Domingo more atractive for turism.

Hope you have time to watch the videos.

K

KyleMackey

There are so many resorts hard to give an answer. Maybe do research on trip advisor.

K

KyleMackey

We are considering a few different ******* for our Honeymoons in July his year. If anyone has any advice that would be so helpful. We really want to go relax at a gorgous beach, drink and eat all we want, and just enjoy ourselves- without breaking the bank. We are looking at RIU PALACE PUNTA CANA, SUNSCAPE THE BEACH PUNTA CANA, and Sandals Negril and Halcyon-st lucia. Has anyone been to these places and can suggest what late 20's on a honeymoon would enjoy best? Thank you so much!!

RIU Palace is nice. Many of the resorts have sections, RIU Palace/Punta Cana/Bavaro/Naiboa and you can visit/eat/drink at all of them. Sometimes 1 section is only for the guests staying there. I stayed next door at Iberostar next to RIU years ago and would walk over to RIU. Overall for value, cost, amenities, good buffets, and free ala carte restaurants I like Grand Palladium. 4 sections and guests can use 3 sections. Good gym and salon also. My recommendation is the Bavaro section,
Building 17-19, top floor a rooftop patio and tub.
gallery-4.jpg

Where are you coming from, what country?

Last edited:
C

Cdn_Gringo

An adults only resort on this occasion is probably called for.

H

healimonster

We Honeymooned at the original Excellence resort and thoroughly enjoyed it. The weather will be hot and sunny. Close to 90 degrees.

C

CristoRey

Avoid the mini bar and you'll be just fine :cheeky: