Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Punta Cana Honeymoon Destination

HI All, I am planning for a honeymoon trip to Punta Cana. What are your suggestions? I am planning to visit in June. How is the weather? Any help?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunilsingh View Post
    HI All, I am planning for a honeymoon trip to Punta Cana. What are your suggestions? I am planning to visit in June. How is the weather? Any help?
    It may be helpful to provide some of your desires. For example, are you looking for an all inclusive (AI) or looking to lease an apartment? Are you looking for the Punta Cana resort beaches or a beach in a small town within an hour's drive of Punta Cana? Do you speak any Spanish? What activities do you like? Provide some more information, and folk here will be able to make suggestions.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Taylor View Post
    It may be helpful to provide some of your desires. For example, are you looking for an all inclusive (AI) or looking to lease an apartment? Are you looking for the Punta Cana resort beaches or a beach in a small town within an hour's drive of Punta Cana? Do you speak any Spanish? What activities do you like? Provide some more information, and folk here will be able to make suggestions.
    Correct, here we have way more diferents scenarios than Just Punta Cana, or maybe you would like to combinate, Punta Cana and Santo Domingo, lately I have seem more and more people staying on weekends in Santo Domingo and weekdays in Punta Cana. Colonial Zone in Santo Domingo has very nice Hoteles and places to visit. As Dr_Taylor said tell us more.

About the weather in June, for sure is hot and maybe we can get some rain.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    Correct, here we have way more diferents scenarios than Just Punta Cana, or maybe you would like to combinate, Punta Cana and Santo Domingo, lately I have seem more and more people staying on weekends in Santo Domingo and weekdays in Punta Cana. Colonial Zone in Santo Domingo has very nice Hoteles and places to visit. As Dr_Taylor said tell us more.

About the weather in June, for sure is hot and maybe we can get some rain.
    Sorry Riva I need to disagree. I do not suggest going to Santo Domingo at all. On a honeymoon in June or for that matter most anytime. There is really nothing. Colonial City? I wouldn't hype it up. Of course depending on the intellectual stimulation these honeymooners are looking for it truly is a personal choice. But Santo Domingo is not someplace I would suggest to stay for a weekend and get a taste of the ahem ahem local culture. But it would be a change.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeb321 View Post
    Sorry Riva I need to disagree. I do not suggest going to Santo Domingo at all. On a honeymoon in June or for that matter most anytime. There is really nothing. Colonial City? I wouldn't hype it up. Of course depending on the intellectual stimulation these honeymooners are looking for it truly is a personal choice. But Santo Domingo is not someplace I would suggest to stay for a weekend and get a taste of the ahem ahem local culture. But it would be a change.
    Remember my friend that not every body likes the same, before every body was coming here just because we only was selling and talking about the beaches, now things are changing.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    Remember my friend that not every body likes the same, before every body was coming here just because we only was selling and talking about the beaches, now things are changing.
    Ok. Please advise...what things are changing or have changed. I am very interested to find out. We have always wanted in the past to visit all the caribbean islands for one reason only...the beach and the beautiful ocean. Had never thought about a cultural experience. Left that for Europe.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I'm not a fan of Punta Cana however I can see it would be a good destination for a honeymoon. I only go over when someone is over on vacation and don't ask for suggestions prior to booking.
    I have been over twice in a year (last time just weeks ago) and both times was to the resort CHIC. Both times the couples that came over booked CHIC because it is adults only. If you don't want kids around on your honeymoon you might want to consider it.
    BTW - Congratulations!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

My advice - Don't get married. Save on the, wedding & frustration and turn the honeymoon into a more exiting singles vacation with the GF or maybe take 2.

9. Likes RDKNIGHT liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok. Please advise...what things are changing or have changed. I am very interested to find out. We have always wanted in the past to visit all the caribbean islands for one reason only...the beach and the beautiful ocean. Had never thought about a cultural experience. Left that for Europe.
    Dont know if you knew but more and more people that are visitting Punta Cana leave their resorts and stay 2 days in Santo Domingo because they want to see more than just a beach, or first arrive to Santo Domingo and then go to Punta Cana, let me show you few examples.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

The new face of El Malecón

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast