Aeroplane tickets from the Uk

S

Samana_Sanchez

Hi Guys,
I'm planning to go the Dominican (Samana Area) this Summer. Just needed some advice on the best priced tickets to get there. Would I need to fly into Punta Cana and then catch the bus to Samana (no probs I have done it before) or is Las Americas an option too. I'm based in the south east of England, preferably flying out from an airport located in this region would be a plus. Any input would be appreciated, gracias.

S

Samana_Sanchez

Sorry I should of added, I don't mind stopping of in Europe before hand, I believe theres a service from Madrid to Las Americas, if it makes it cheaper, thank you.

W

william webster

I think the Punta Cana flight continues on to Las Americas....after the PC unloading

It will be easier to change in Europe and get straight to SDQ

The SDQ - LT trip is 2 hrs shorter than from PC....

I suppose El Catey is out of the question ?

S

Samana_Sanchez

That's great thank you, if it continues on from Punta Cana to the Las Americas.
I thought El Catey was no longer a viable option for people travelling from Europe.

Last edited:
W

william webster

I think it does - I checked for my daughter...
for sure the Paris-PC flight does..........have a look

USA has no flights to AZS any more.... can't say for Europe

S

Samana_Sanchez

Excellent, I will give it a try, travelled via Gatwick to El Catey in 2011, I was the only passenger who didn't get ferried off to an all enclusive

W

william webster

Madrid & Dusseldorf to AZS
I thought I saw those flights

S

Samana_Sanchez

The prices are quite high, I will have a look around, thank you.

R

Riva_31

With Condor with stop in Frankfurt you can land in SDQ with ony 1 stop in FRA, Caribe Tours Samana bus station is very close to Santo Domingo Airport, but if you are going to Las Terrenas make sure to buy your bus ticket to Sanchez and in the stop there you must switch and get another bus to Las Terrenas, Condor fly 2 or 3 times a week to SDQ and their flights arrive very ealy in ther morning so you will have to wait few hrs at the airport.

Iberia and Air Europa has Dally flights non estop from Madrid to Santo Domingo. But Air Europa arrive late ate night so better pick up Iberia their flights arrive earlier.

TUI Brusels has 2 weekly flights from Brussles, now they are doing Sunday BRU-SDQ-POP-BRU and Tuesday BRU-SDQ-PUJ-BRU.

Blue Panorama every friday from Milan with stop in Antigua going back to Milan, they fly MXP-SDQ-ANU-MXP

Airfrance in low season fly 2 Days to Santo Domingo with one stop in Punta Cana CDG-PUJ-SDQ-CDG.

Air Caraibe from Paris ORY has 3 weekly flights to Santo Doming with one stop in Port-au-Prince, ORY-PAP-SDQ-ORY

Another option that you have is with stop in USA, from JFK 9 flights a day to Santo Domingo Jetlbue and Delta, and from Newark 2 daily flights with United Airlines, I do not recomend you now American Airlines with stop in Miami because they are cancelling a lot flights after the problems with Boeing 737 Max and I have seen always one of the 4 daily flighs they have cancelled.

W

william webster

OK....
Gracias Riva.... you got me thinking

Using Canada - you get to Samana/AZS

The catch is you need to overnight in Toronto on the way from UK
Returning back is straight thru - easy 2 hr connection

I have done these flights

Air Canada or WestJet thru YYZ or YUL (Montreal)

W

william webster

Here's one a friend found-
==E
Madrid
The tour operator Soltour, from the Piñero group, will repeat from Sunday, June 23 to September 1, the Sunday frequency of the direct flight between the airports of Madrid and the northwest region of Samaná, although occupation will increase by 30% in the planes.

The company has reported that it had more than 95% occupancy to the Caribbean Samaná, with more than 3,200 travelers last campaign.

Soltour intends to expand its offer to 4,284 seats for the route operated with Airbus A330-200 aircraft from Wamos Air.

The group's hotel division has four establishments in this region of the Dominican Republic.=================================================

R

Riva_31

Here's one a friend found-
==E
Madrid
The tour operator Soltour, from the Piñero group, will repeat from Sunday, June 23 to September 1, the Sunday frequency of the direct flight between the airports of Madrid and the northwest region of Samaná, although occupation will increase by 30% in the planes.

The company has reported that it had more than 95% occupancy to the Caribbean Samaná, with more than 3,200 travelers last campaign.

Soltour intends to expand its offer to 4,284 seats for the route operated with Airbus A330-200 aircraft from Wamos Air.

The group's hotel division has four establishments in this region of the Dominican Republic.=================================================

This is a Charter flight selling all inclusive packages, so probably if you dont book a room they dont sell the ticket, but who knows, can try.

W

william webster

Sometimes they sell seats -- The UK tour people did -- to POP
My daughter did it

D

drstock

A friend of mine is currently here on a very reasonably priced BA flight from Gatwick to Punta Cana. He upgraded to Premium Economy for about 150 pounds which gave him a better seat, more luggage allowance and good food. Then by public transport I guess it's Bavaro Express to Santo Domingo, Caribe Tours to Sanchez and whatever bus to Las Terrenas.

R

Riva_31

A friend of mine is currently here on a very reasonably priced BA flight from Gatwick to Punta Cana. He upgraded to Premium Economy for about 150 pounds which gave him a better seat, more luggage allowance and good food. Then by public transport I guess it's Bavaro Express to Santo Domingo, Caribe Tours to Sanchez and whatever bus to Las Terrenas.

Yes, that can be an option too, one bus stop is in the Las Americas Higway so maybe the bus let them drop in front of the bus terminal in Las Americas.