Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Need help with Driver's License exam

Thanks to a prior thread on DR1 I was able to take a trial run of the multiple choice test now used to evaluate knowledge of the rules and regs of the RD roads. Since I could translate the pages into English, I 'passed' easily.
    However, when I went to actually take the test, the English translation option, while available, did not work.
    As a result, I failed, miserably.
    Can anyone advise me how to pass the test, short of learning enough Spanish between now and May 31st, when I'm rescheduled?

Moderator - Ladies Only Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what the going rate for 'assistance' is. It used to be RD$500 but with inflation who knows.

Matilda

Moderator Ladies Only Forum
    www.DR1.com

3. Likes sylindr liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Are the little cartoons not the test any more?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
    Thanks to a prior thread on DR1 I was able to take a trial run of the multiple choice test now used to evaluate knowledge of the rules and regs of the RD roads. Since I could translate the pages into English, I 'passed' easily.
    However, when I went to actually take the test, the English translation option, while available, did not work.
    As a result, I failed, miserably.
    Can anyone advise me how to pass the test, short of learning enough Spanish between now and May 31st, when I'm rescheduled?
    I would say offer the guy administering the test 500 pesos and you will pass.
    Derfish

6. Likes Seamonkey liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Pay the VIP option and have somebody do it for you.

No fui yo!
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a guy next to the Puerto Plata driver's license office who will help you by showing you little video on his laptop similar to the test. He charges 1,000 pesos. He can also get you the buena conducta letter while you watch the videos

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Greasing the wheels is alive and well here. I hear stories that there is a new bureaucracy here and pesos don't work like they used to. I would say quite the opposite. Pesos grease the mechanisms in every corner of govt and business. Just make sure you account for inflation.
    There was a thread recently about opening a bank account and getting the quintessential run-around. I couldn't help but thinking the correct I.Ds were not submitted. The one with the correct Dominican official on one side

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    Not sure what the going rate for 'assistance' is. It used to be RD$500 but with inflation who knows.

Matilda
    Remember here gringos pay double, 500 pesos is for Dominicans, my parking test i paid 500.00 pesos and that was more than 10 years ago, so I think he should make better offer, we must count his language limitation.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seamonkey View Post
    Pay the VIP option and have somebody do it for you.
    I, as I have said before, remember having my Chicago vehicles inspected by telephone! Why not start a business as someone was asking for a niche. Gringo licenses!
    Derfish

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Fish Scales

You need a DR license... after your residency !!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast