Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: niches

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CristoRey View Post
    Would be interesting to hear from any member(s) on this forum who are
    running a profitable business here in the DR.
    I do.

2. Likes Derfish liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Got lost did s/he? Just ready to get serious, and disappears! Damn!
    DerFish

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a business that breaks even, which is fine for me.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Something that is missing in many built up areas on the north coast is a proper ice cream van. There was one that came through Sosua several years ago, I think I saw it two or three times and then it vanished. Just on the weekends if there is one parked near the entrance to the beach on the highway then business would be very good. And with Cabarete just 15 minutes apart it is very close to travel between the two towns. The Malecon in Puerto Plata is quite busy on the weekends too. There are many events around the north coast and more and more sporting events are happening that attract big crowds. Park up in front of one of those is a sure winner. As someone already mentioned, food carts are all the rage and they even have some in Puerto Plata so adding a place offering dessert could also be a winner. Kids all over the world are attracted to ice creams trucks. There are cheaper options available now for cooling units and putting solar panels on the roof of the truck could dramatically drop vital running costs....

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Suugest Funeral business

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of pizza. I live in small town with 20k and no tourists and we are not very legal atm.

A large completa grande costs me 246 pesos (without labor) and we sell for 525 pesos. Mind you, 525 is cheap and in a larger town or anywhere you might have tourists the price will be higher, but your costs will be the same.

For reference a grande sells for 110 in my town and I am sure it is higher in most other places. I dont buy off the truck so I pay 98 pesos delivered and cold. In May we managed to sell over 1000 beers at 120 pesos.

Food for thought.

Cheers!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DR_Guy View Post
    Speaking of pizza. I live in small town with 20k and no tourists and we are not very legal atm.

A large completa grande costs me 246 pesos (without labor) and we sell for 525 pesos. Mind you, 525 is cheap and in a larger town or anywhere you might have tourists the price will be higher, but your costs will be the same.

For reference a grande sells for 110 in my town and I am sure it is higher in most other places. I dont buy off the truck so I pay 98 pesos delivered and cold. In May we managed to sell over 1000 beers at 120 pesos.

Food for thought.

Cheers!
    At least DGII has your gross receipts right to figure out back taxes of your non registered business.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123