niches

B

BadMoon121

Hello. I plan to open my business and I am interested in what niches are popular now. What do you think about this?

D

Derfish

Well we could always use another pizza joint or maybe another motorcycle dealer or two!

R

Riva_31

Looking for niches....

I would start in Miches

If you mean Miches in el El Seibo, well that part we can say is still virgin with arround 4 new projects announced and 2 or 3 of them are in process of construction.

W

william webster

A poster here has said he looking there -- to settle down.

What is it --- 100km from PC airport ??

R

Riva_31

More or less, By bus from Miches to Bavaro wich is before Punta Cana is 1 hr and 30 Min, so from Airport would be arround 2 hrs, From Santo Domingo by car is arround 3 hrs taking the road 4 passing by El Seibo.

W

william webster

I was there this past weekend and saw the Miches sign on the highway....

wow! that's flat land out there
Dull, I thought , compared to the north coast....

B

Big

a cheap clothing store that sells tight cloths, counterfeit purses and knock off brands

H

Hillbilly

I will paraphrase many other posters:

The only way to become a millionaire in the DR is to come here as a billionaire.

Food Trucks are hot right now. For how long? Nobody knows.

HB

W

william webster

In Bavaro, there is a whole parking lot dedicated to them.... Foody something

Maybe 5-6-7... with seating under tents

C

chico bill

Yes how about a low end Chinese variety store, selling the crappiest of all products or a car window tint & alarm store - sure not enough of them.

Maybe a taxi service with AC in the car that actually works ?

D

Derfish

Don't know where to throw this, so will put it here. Just thought of an idea for a business, I am looking for Gilbert. Knew him about 4 years ago or more. Don't rember his last name, an American, as dark as most Dominicans, last saw him in Sosua at Rocky's. Amd that is my idea for a busiess to start, find folks for a few pesos.
Derfish

D

Dr_Taylor

Miches is approximately one hour north of Punta Cana International Airport. The drive is relaxing and easy to take. As Riva_31 stated above, it is still virgin in many respects. I hope that it stays that way for awhile. Miches contains a nice restaurant calld Rajanoris near the Parque Municipal. There exists a Coco Loco Beach Club hotel and restaurant on the beach. You can rent a "cabana"; however, these differ from the short-term facilities that bear this name.

C

CristoRey

Would be interesting to hear from any member(s) on this forum who are
running a profitable business here in the DR.