Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shark visited Sosua Beach

Saw a video on facebook just now....there was a shark swimming around Sosua beach this evening....fin and all.

2. Likes Irie liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ramesses View Post
    Saw a video on facebook just now....there was a shark swimming around Sosua beach this evening....fin and all.
    I just saw a WhatsApp “status update” with the same thing. There were actually 3 videos.
    1. The “fin” swimming around in Sosua Bay.
    2. One of the longboats beaching with the shark “lassoed” by the tail and struggling alongside the boat.
    3. A couple of guys dragging the lassoed shark along the beach while a bunch of kids ran alongside it. (And the shark was wiggling and snapping it’s jaws!)

Just looked at the vid clips again. Shark looks to be 5-6 feet in length. The boat that brought it ashore was named the “Edwin III”.

And if that starts happening with any frequency, a lot (more) businesses will probably close.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Timotero View Post
    I just saw a WhatsApp “status update” with the same thing. There were actually 3 videos.
    1. The “fin” swimming around in Sosua Bay.
    2. One of the longboats beaching with the shark “lassoed” by the tail and struggling alongside the boat.
    3. A couple of guys dragging the lassoed shark along the beach while a bunch of kids ran alongside it. (And the shark was wiggling and snapping it’s jaws!)

Just looked at the vid clips again. Shark looks to be 5-6 feet in length. The boat that brought it ashore was named the “Edwin III”.

And if that starts happening with any frequency, a lot (more) businesses will probably close.
    Enough excitement to get the old people off their rocking chairs. What a town.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately the shark may not make it. Those idiots dragged him out of the water for theirs fayboo and Instagram photos/videos!
    We got him back in the water and he still was breathing when I left him but he was really weak!

7. Likes Auryn, Drak, Big, Garyexpat, ctrob and 3 others liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it’s a Shortfin Mako but not certain. The other Cachicha videos on Instagram show it on the beach and that’s my guess. Definitely not a Great White as some are speculating on social media.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

A bunch of uneducated savages. I saw the videos. They are circulating on facebook with many locals furious with what took place. No respect for nature or their own country. Savages.

10. Likes habi, Bred, ctrob, sylindr, Peterj and 4 others liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if they come to the bay with frequency it will be the end of it for me, and probably last nail in the coffin for Sosua. Who is going to swim or snorkel in shark infested waters.... ! What else that town has to offer... ?

I just hope this was dragged in by force and sure hope it ended up on someone's table. I wish I live to see the headline "Sharks are now extinct"...

If they let it be they will be soon, but some obsessed activist like protect these nasty creatures, a bit like glorifying serial-killers or vampires, come on, support the dolphins, they don't attack humans...!

Yeah, you got it, I hate them.

12. Dislikes habi, Peterj, nigrarosa, sosuadr disliked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

The shark in the videos is a harmless blue shark. No need to do what they did,idiots.

14. Likes habi, Bred, Seamonkey, sylindr, Peterj and 4 others liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

You want sharks? Go to a lawyers' convention.

16. Likes beachcomber liked this post
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast