shipping household items from US to DR

C

chas123

hello, I've heard a million things on here and have researched a bit, some info is a bit dated...

I had a one bedroom apartment in NYC, all items therein have been in storage in queens since march 2016

I would like to move all of those items here. I currently live in sosua, but heard the best port of entry is near Santo Domingo

there are no electronic appliances except for one 45" television

I have a sofa set, end tables, coffee table, bookshelf, bed frame, mattress, dresser, maybe a lamp or two, paintings (some are quite large), some decorative items (asian statues and things), books and a few boxes of personal items (old documents, pictures, etc)

I am not a resident and may or not start that process. even if I do, I think I would like to start to get this stuff moved sooner than later

I'm interested in a couple of things: 1) what fees/taxes should I expect on these types of items 2) is there anyone I need to involve personally in the DR to help facilitate this process and 3) can anyone recommend a shipping company? one that would move the items from storage to the shipping port, load to a freight, then a company that would actually transport... then once here, who can move those items from their entry point to my apartment in sosua

any help on any of these items would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

W

william webster

Try Awilda Shipping in the Bronx...

Jesus Parra.....use my name

I'm not sure how you will authorize a 3rd party to access your storage....
You'll figure that out...

C

chas123

Try Awilda Shipping in the Bronx...

Jesus Parra.....use my name

I'm not sure how you will authorize a 3rd party to access your storage....
You'll figure that out...

perfect, thanks. I'll give them a shout and see what their deal is... as far as access, I'm hoping I can authorize the storage company to allow them in, but I'll have to call them as well to see how that might work. to be honest, I've never been to their facility. it was moved from my apartment and simply stored. I've never accessed the stuff that's now there