Pool Construction Questions

D

DR_Guy

Hi
I am sure this post is a repeat. But the search function returned 2732 results.

I am planning to build a small pool on a property I have on a river. Its going to be block. I will fill it from the river and then filter it. Its a weekend property.

I been doing research and I can not figure out what wall return inlets I should buy. The Hayward SP1022 looks right, but I am not sure.

I recall a pool builder here and his son, but I cant recall their names. Anyways, any help would be appreciated.

Eric

W

william webster

Where ??

In Sosua- there's a man 'Bob' who does pools... some here know him

B

Bob Boyd

You're on the right track. The SP1022 is the wall fitting used for the injectors and the vacuum line. For the vacuum line, use 2" PVC and a 2" female adaptor. For the injector fittings it depends on the size of the pool, the size of the PVC AND the pump HP. Last but not least, the size of the filter depends on the sizes of the pool, PVC and the pump HP.

D

DR_Guy

Hi Bob
Are you the pool builder from Jarabacoa?

Thanks for the confirmation. The pool is very small (6 x 12) and only 4' deep. Merely a place to cool off. I am going to buy fittings on Amazon and pump and filter in Santiago, probably at Ochoa. Thinking about plastering it rather than painting it. My last pool was painted and seemed to work ok.

Cheers!

W

william webster

No idea... but I have met him- socially
He's an extranero

L

lifeisgreat

Hi Bob
Are you the pool builder from Jarabacoa?

Thanks for the confirmation. The pool is very small (6 x 12) and only 4' deep. Merely a place to cool off. I am going to buy fittings on Amazon and pump and filter in Santiago, probably at Ochoa. Thinking about plastering it rather than painting it. My last pool was painted and seemed to work ok.

Cheers!
FYI you can buy all the fittings here pretty cheaply...