Best Health Insurance For American and Hospital Reccomendations

D

djdaveq

I want to get a comprehensive health insurance for me and my girl and our baby. Can someone recommend the best health insurance?

Also i am in las terrenas de samama but am willing to travel anywhere in DR to get the best health care at a hospital should i need it. just curious what is considered to be the most comprehensive medical center with the best doctors? you know a place where they have most of the modern equipment and perhaps top doctors? If any speak English that would be a real plus. thanks

R

rubio_higuey

I want to get a comprehensive health insurance for me and my girl and our baby. Can someone recommend the best health insurance?

Also i am in las terrenas de samama but am willing to travel anywhere in DR to get the best health care at a hospital should i need it. just curious what is considered to be the most comprehensive medical center with the best doctors? you know a place where they have most of the modern equipment and perhaps top doctors? If any speak English that would be a real plus. thanks

Cedimat, Hospiten, Abreu
All in SD

D

Drperson

We sell the three major Dominican Health Insurances Humano Palic and Universal on-line .
They are all very similar. It depends on your budget. Some have dental but if there is no dentist that takes it in your area will you really use it?
This can all be done easily online so no visits are necessary.
I was in one office couple of months ago , and couple from Cabarete drove to Puerto Plata to give a copy of the birth certificate for their baby. The secretary wouldn't look at a copy and needed to see the original. and made them drive back and get it so she could see it.

The most important thing is to make sure you aren't getting ripped off. People can and frequently do sell you the most expensive and really you are getting the basic one the the vendors keep the difference. It happens alot here in the Dominican Republic . ( Are you surprised?)

You need to check the policy you have with the insurance company from time to time and keep a record of the benefits the policy offers in writing .
The insurance company won't tell you how much they charge for the policy but they will tell you what policy you have.

F

Fulano2

Why for American. Are there any particular diseases in the US of Paradise?

C

cobraboy

djdaveq, if you did a search you'd find the answers to 95% of your questions.

N

Neargale

I have Humano Platinum with dental. Normally I can get reimbursed by Humano whenever a doctor or dentist does not take Humano Platinum. However in the last few months I have noticed a strong reluctance to reimburse at the level I believe I am entitled to. They did not used to be like that. I wonder if something is going on with Humano?

J

JDJones

I have Humano Platinum with dental. Normally I can get reimbursed by Humano whenever a doctor or dentist does not take Humano Platinum. However in the last few months I have noticed a strong reluctance to reimburse at the level I believe I am entitled to. They did not used to be like that. I wonder if something is going on with Humano?

Yes. They are having some problems at the moment, but they are still a good company.

I have Universal which is very good.

I suggest the OP visit a couple of local clinics they would consider using and ask the working folks which of the three are the best.

They will be more than happy to share their favorite insurance with you.

N

Neargale

Yes. They are having some problems at the moment, but they are still a good company.

I have Universal which is very good.

I suggest the OP visit a couple of local clinics they would consider using and ask the working folks which of the three are the best.

They will be more than happy to share their favorite insurance with you.

Can you share specially what kind of problems is Humano having? Please PM me if not comfortable in sharing publicly.

I am not interested in going to any of Puerto plata clinic unless in dire emergency. Any of HOMS, Union Medica or Corominas take Humano in general. I have to check that they actually take the Platinum level though, otherwise I have to ask for reimbursement. Also there are no dentist in Puerto plata that take Platinum, and the dentist I see in Santiago does not take any insurance. That means asking for reimbursement as per my plan but so far they don't seem to want to reimburse me at the contracted level.

R

Riva_31

Cedimat they have a department that works with international patients, if im not wrongs they acept some international insurances, but as you are living here is better buy one of local companies, basic plan cover the same no matter with one you have, diference is one is more acepted than other in most of the clinics, then you have to buy a complementary plan if you want to have an extended covergae. I have Humano but i have friends with Unoversal and Palic and they says are also good