Punta Cana Movie Studio

C

cobraboy

Isn't that what Pinewood Studios is doing?

One of my partners worked with him on his film project, GUZBUY NY. I don't know if it ever went anywhere.

I hope he hits a homer with the 5G...for the whole country.

R

Riva_31

Isn't that what Pinewood Studios is doing?

One of my partners worked with him on his film project, GUZBUY NY. I don't know if it ever went anywhere.

I hope he hits a homer with the 5G...for the whole country.

Yes, same thing, and its good as he said is not coming to compete with Pinewood studios - Lantica, they will be able to use the water tank that build pinewood in Juan Dolio.

P

PeterInHigüey

I've enjoyed both Dominican movies I've seen, La Soga and Pue'ta Para Mí.

C

cobraboy

Yes, same thing, and its good as he said is not coming to compete with Pinewood studios - Lantica, they will be able to use the water tank that build pinewood in Juan Dolio.
Fact is the film community in the DR is rather small, so, yes, there will be competition for technical talent.

There are numerous independent producers in the DR as well.

One difference is this guy says he wants to grow his own. However, Altos de Chavon School of Art and Design has their own film school, called "Stellar Film School." There are at least two film schools in Santo Domingo, and a nephew is studying film at PUCMM in Santiago.

C

cobraboy

I've enjoyed both Dominican movies I've seen, La Soga and Pue'ta Para Mí.
We watched Cocote last night, a Dominican film that has done quite well in various film festivals. I have to say it was like watching real life.