Post Thanks / Like

Default BlueMax no longer available in the Dominican Republic

IN DR1 ON MAY 21 > BlueMax film streaming facility through Amazon Fire Stick is no longer available in the Dominican Republic. Telecom companies Claro and Altice, that offer paid cable TV services, had complained to the Dominican Telecom Institute (Indotel) about the illegalities of the streaming service. The companies complained BlueMax was unfair competition because it did not have to pay distribution rights as they do.

OK so you can not buy in DR, bring one with you from USA or Canada. or use an Android box, or a Infomir (MAG) box

Personally I use a MAG 254 from Infomir, IPTV (Internet Protocol Television) box over the internet. I pay for service at $13 Canadian per month, you can also pay in USD. you get Spanish, Canadian, American, England, German programing in your language. PPV, local channels, sports, news. This box cost around $100 US, connects by HDMI or Composite video and RCA audio.

Also note they do not pay for the channels they broadcast they use illegal receivers, as do the cable company's.
    no copyright infringement here.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

What "provider" are you using with your MAG 254?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I was watching news and they said bluemax changed name but didnt say the new one.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Bluemax don't own the streaming rights for those channels in the DR?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by algrundie View Post
    IN DR1 ON MAY 21 > BlueMax film streaming facility through Amazon Fire Stick is no longer available in the Dominican Republic. Telecom companies Claro and Altice, that offer paid cable TV services, had complained to the Dominican Telecom Institute (Indotel) about the illegalities of the streaming service. The companies complained BlueMax was unfair competition because it did not have to pay distribution rights as they do.

OK so you can not buy in DR, bring one with you from USA or Canada. or use an Android box, or a Infomir (MAG) box

Personally I use a MAG 254 from Infomir, IPTV (Internet Protocol Television) box over the internet. I pay for service at $13 Canadian per month, you can also pay in USD. you get Spanish, Canadian, American, England, German programing in your language. PPV, local channels, sports, news. This box cost around $100 US, connects by HDMI or Composite video and RCA audio.

Also note they do not pay for the channels they broadcast they use illegal receivers, as do the cable company's.
    no copyright infringement here.
    Where do you buy the service, their website appears to only sell boxes.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

My bluemax hardly ever worked well

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    What "provider" are you using with your MAG 254?
    Any of a number of IPTV providers. There are a couple in Santo Domingo that will bundle the device and 1 year of service.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone looking for service for $12 Spanish English French Italian German Russian, plus local DR I have the info on it

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Triniminicano View Post
    Anyone looking for service for $12 Spanish English French Italian German Russian, plus local DR I have the info on it
    You can't get private messages.