How I Might Make Money In The D.R.

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
While living in the D.R. with my new wife and new baby...I am trying to get some ideas as to how I might work to make money and just give me something to do. I was thinking I could repair
computers or air conditioners...I have done both. Do you think dominicans would purchase this service from a white anglo? (not a racist remark...only a consideration of reality) My price for services would be competitive and I would guarantee the service with a prompt response to any problems. I am very organized and double check all my work. I think dominicans would appreciate this type of service. I am open to any feedback.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
.Guarantees on Service?? WOW, ... You must be from a different planet!!!!
What part of the DR are you intending to live in? North Coast Ex-Pats would welcome someone who is businesslike, gives guarantees on service & is ON TIME. Reliability of service is something generally not forthcoming from service companies, certainly in the Puerto Plata area. I have been waiting for 2 months to see the senior technico from our cable TV company (Si senor, manana seguro!!!) & 4 weeks for the man who upgraded my computer to come back & get it working as good as it was before upgrade!!

If you are coming to the north coast, get in touch & I can give you some pointers, local contacts etc. Plus you can work on MY computer!! - Grahame

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
I Am Going To Start My Computer Repair Biz

in Santiago. I am thinking about making a trip to the Sosua/Caberette area on a monthly basis and also to Santo Domingo on a monthly basis. I would set appointments ahead of time and perform repairs, optimize systems, do simple maintenance training, do upgrades. Does anyone know if I will
need any type license in the D.R.. It is really no big deal and a
small cash business. I don't think I am forcing anyone out of business. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Snuffy, now we REALLY got to talk

There are several places that could use this type of service and several places that have a lot of computers to be fixed...

E-mail me

HB

558.gif

Except mine's white and black.....

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Snuffy.

E-mail me next time you are coming up to Puerto Plata area (or contact me by the 'Buddy' list OR even 'phone me) I am in the book!! A monthly check of my system might be just what I am looking for so if your fees are not too excessive, we could do business! I also know a few people whom I could refer you to or recommend that they contact YOU.

I am meeting next week with a man who says he can install 2 way sattelite communication for internet that downloads an 8 MB programe in 40 seconds - IF this turns out to be true & much more reliable than Codetel/TriCom etc., (& of course PERMITTED by the present ISP's) then you might want to meet up with him (OK Escott, I KNOW this is your forte too & I will introduce you too when you get to live down here!!).

Anyway Snuffy, get in touch - Grahame Bush.

Buffettologist

Jan 13, 2002
Two-way Satellite Internet

Grahame,

I was just curious to see how things went with the guy who said he could set you up with two-way satellite internet? I've been looking for awhile and haven't found anyone providing that service yet.

Thanks for any update!