Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How I Might Make Money In The D.R.

While living in the D.R. with my new wife and new baby...I am trying to get some ideas as to how I might work to make money and just give me something to do. I was thinking I could repair
    computers or air conditioners...I have done both. Do you think dominicans would purchase this service from a white anglo? (not a racist remark...only a consideration of reality) My price for services would be competitive and I would guarantee the service with a prompt response to any problems. I am very organized and double check all my work. I think dominicans would appreciate this type of service. I am open to any feedback.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

.Guarantees on Service?? WOW, ... You must be from a different planet!!!!
    What part of the DR are you intending to live in? North Coast Ex-Pats would welcome someone who is businesslike, gives guarantees on service & is ON TIME. Reliability of service is something generally not forthcoming from service companies, certainly in the Puerto Plata area. I have been waiting for 2 months to see the senior technico from our cable TV company (Si senor, manana seguro!!!) & 4 weeks for the man who upgraded my computer to come back & get it working as good as it was before upgrade!!

If you are coming to the north coast, get in touch & I can give you some pointers, local contacts etc. Plus you can work on MY computer!! - Grahame

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I Am Going To Start My Computer Repair Biz

in Santiago. I am thinking about making a trip to the Sosua/Caberette area on a monthly basis and also to Santo Domingo on a monthly basis. I would set appointments ahead of time and perform repairs, optimize systems, do simple maintenance training, do upgrades. Does anyone know if I will
    need any type license in the D.R.. It is really no big deal and a
    small cash business. I don't think I am forcing anyone out of business. Any advice would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Snuffy, now we REALLY got to talk

There are several places that could use this type of service and several places that have a lot of computers to be fixed...

E-mail me

HB

Except mine's white and black.....

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Snuffy.

E-mail me next time you are coming up to Puerto Plata area (or contact me by the 'Buddy' list OR even 'phone me) I am in the book!! A monthly check of my system might be just what I am looking for so if your fees are not too excessive, we could do business! I also know a few people whom I could refer you to or recommend that they contact YOU.

I am meeting next week with a man who says he can install 2 way sattelite communication for internet that downloads an 8 MB programe in 40 seconds - IF this turns out to be true & much more reliable than Codetel/TriCom etc., (& of course PERMITTED by the present ISP's) then you might want to meet up with him (OK Escott, I KNOW this is your forte too & I will introduce you too when you get to live down here!!).

Anyway Snuffy, get in touch - Grahame Bush.

"Creature of Leisure"
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile PC,s

Contact Mr. Eisgruber, he is german & owns internet services for hotels. His # 753 9779.
    Good Luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Two-way Satellite Internet

Grahame,

I was just curious to see how things went with the guy who said he could set you up with two-way satellite internet? I've been looking for awhile and haven't found anyone providing that service yet.

Thanks for any update!