Best place for meat in Santiago

C

chico bill

I have some friends flying in next month to spend 3 weeks in Residential Hispanola, but they are landing in Santiago and want to get some groceries there as they want to stock up on barbecue meat and other sundry items.
Which is the best store there for good cuts of quality meat ?

W

william webster

We have had this talk before.

Nacional has a ‘Brangus’ a cross ... Brahma & Angus

Search it... CB loves it

Bravo has good meat too

In SD, Nello’s Carnes Selectas
Actually , you can call them and order.... I have ... to Cabrera

L

lifeisgreat

My Friend just told me La Sirena has good imported meat there now and cut it for you... have to try it myself cause my friend is Dutch ;)

B

bigbird

Angus beef? Just because it says angus from my experience doesn't necessarily mean it will taste great. My benchmark is USDA graded beef and I have yet to taste anything in la rep dom which comes close. Well, with the exception of a few restaurants who serve imported beef.

I have basically given up on buying beef in la rep dom. What beef I have in my freezer flew down on the plane with me.

C

Commander Ooh La La, USN

Angus beef? Just because it says angus from my experience doesn't necessarily mean it will taste great. My benchmark is USDA graded beef and I have yet to taste anything in la rep dom which comes close. Well, with the exception of a few restaurants who serve imported beef.

I have basically given up on buying beef in la rep dom. What beef I have in my freezer flew down on the plane with me.
I did the same thing. Bought it from Western Beef Supermarket, froze it for a week and put it in my luggage.

The Thermoquad Cowboy

W

william webster

Bird
Give Nello's a try -- Zorina is the owner... use my name - from Cabrera

D

DR_Guy

Pricesmart is good and the USDA imported boneless ribeye at nacional is great but expensive. A cheaper alternative is their creole brangus. Almost everywhere has imported churrascos --- one of the best all around bbq meats.

C

CristoRey

I Chef Pepper here in Santiago sells good meats.

J

johnnj2000

Pricemart if you have or know someone with a members card

R

Ramen

The difference is in the feed. US meats are normally grain fed and taste different than grass fed beef. Grass fed has less fat and a more gamey taste that some people are not used to.

F

Fulano2

So how about Argentina beef? The best of the world some say.

B

bob saunders

So how about Argentina beef? The best of the world some say.

I like both Argentine beef and Brazilian beef as well. I was raised on grass fed beef and actually prefer it over grain fed.

F

Fulano2

I agree with you. US beef is too fatty..
We like the irish as well.