30% of bottled water is not safe?

J

jd426

Probably because they leave those 5 gallon bottles out in the SUN, and I doubt they ROTATE the inventory at the stores ... if you removed those 2 problems the water would probably be just fine 99% of the time .

A

AlterEgo

Too bad they didn't mention the brands. :ermm:

Agreed, it’s surprising to me, because Dominicans aren’t lawsuit crazy.

After Tropical Paul tested SD tap water and found it safe, maybe we’re better off drinking that? :)

Last edited:
C

cobraboy

One would think the gubmint has an obligation to name names, or at least announce legal violations.

B

Big

I will start drinking tap water here the same time I stop using sunscreen ,cooking chicken rare and not wearing condoms.

U

user123

That's why I only drink Evian here, more expensive but I figure if I can pay 150 for a small Presidente then healthy water is a good investment.

C

Cdn_Gringo

I remember the same story two or three years ago. Then as now, no companies were named and no steps announced to ensure an improvement in the situation. Obviously, not much has changed.

F

Fulano2

Just boil it 10 minutes. Put it on when doing the dishes, my family did it in Java for ages,

L

lifeisgreat

Bottled water is just reverse osmosis system..all water companies use it ..it’s what JD said left in sun ... problem with city water good today tomorrow hmmm ... we test our well water it’s completely safe but only use for cooking.. for you on city water couple hundred dollar reverse osmosis system would be good investment you can buy them here..

H

hard times doug

Agreed, it’s surprising to me, because Dominicans aren’t lawsuit crazy.

After Tropical Paul tested SD tap water and found it safe, maybe we’re better off drinking that? :)

They are only crazy about lawsuits in the States. They have Jacoby and Meyers on speed dial

B

bob saunders

those with water testing experience what is the best water testing kit to use ( for bateria)

U

user123

those with water testing experience what is the best water testing kit to use ( for bateria)

I'm pretty ODD with water bahaha, the important thing is the natural pH level, everything over 7 is alkaline, good, under is considered acidic, bad, if you can afford drink Evian, Fiji, Icelandic Glacier is the best IMO but hard to find, here in DR not available. Dasani is very acidic, pH like 3 or something. Maybe I am "naive" but I feel better drinking good water, maybe it's the placebo effect. :ermm:

N

NanSanPedro

Same here. It depends on what you can or can't tolerate.

I drink SPdM tap water and am never sick. I drink bottled water out because that's all that's available. Again, never sick. OTOH, others might get sick because they're not used to it.

C

cobraboy

Dasani is very acidic, pH like 3 or something. Maybe I am "naive" but I feel better drinking good water, maybe it's the placebo effect. :ermm:
Dude, drinking a liquid with a ph of 3 would likely kill or permanently damage a human.

HCL has a ph of 3.01. H2SO4 has a ph of 2.75.

Yes, it's the placebo effect. All things equal, your body couldn't tell the difference between a bottle of Aqua Azul and private label, free range, estate bottled, organic, fair-trade Evian bottled and packed by rainbow unicorns. Your wallet will, but your body won't.

U

user123

I don't know bro, gotta believe in something I guess hahaha. Some people believe in God, I believe in Evian and Fiji. ;)