Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    Paying still will not resolve the situation because there is no legal basis for the payment, because there is no legal basis for the business.

The kid could still drop a dime on DR_Guy and there is nothing he can do about it.
    From my experience , it is rare for you to pay liquidation to a Dominican employee and him drop a dime after. They are very familiar with liquidation and not at all interested in whats legal and whats not.

2. Likes drstock liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Disagree.

When a local accuses a foreigner, especially when $$$ is involved, and especially when the local is the perceived victim, there will be serious resources thrown to support the local's complaint.
    Are we talking about the same country? BTW-I'll disagree with everyone here and say the guy should not go legal since there is no legitimate legal system in the country. What is going legal going to do for you? Ask Bondelic about when the fake inspectors showed up from a supposed government office to do an "inspection" without any formal written notice prior.....Everything is a joke here and corrupted to the core. People can leave criminal death notes at the door of families and be caught on video doing these acts and yet the so called 'Ministerio Publico' investigates nothing and archives it away through their so called 'conciliatory stage' which is not even in the articles they operate under in the codigo penal.....LOL.

4. Likes Derfish, jinty05 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

It is like car insurance is Gringo Fault insurance. A kid ran a stop sign and took off the mirror from the side of my car. It was my fault although he ran a stop sign and I had the rightofway.
    I paid for a week's wages because he couldn't work for a week as his bike was being fixed.
    Derfish

6. Likes jimmythegreek liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chrisgy View Post
    From my experience , it is rare for you to pay liquidation to a Dominican employee and him drop a dime after. They are very familiar with liquidation and not at all interested in whats legal and whats not.
    There is no legal liquidation because the business is not legal. That's the point.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no legal liquidation because the business is not legal. That's the point.
    I think chrisgy's point is that any business person, legally registered or not, can easily find out the amount of liquidation payable according to the employee's length of "service". So it is best to pay that amount and the employee will usually be satisfied with that.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

When the employee goes to Ministerio de Trabajo to find out how much liquidation he is owed, they don't ask if the business is legal or not. The employee doesn't care. He wants his money.

Get a lawyer to draft up an agreement on what the liquidation is and that the employee cannot come back on you for addition money. Get the employee to sign it. Done. He will be more than happy to have money and he will move on.

10. Likes drstock, JDJones liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Where I work every body get liquidation every year, because to pay a lawer to defend the company in case the employee go to demand the company is more expensive, even if the company win the case has to pay the lawer of the employee, crazy law but this way they are safe and never had a problem, every body is happy.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    Where I work every body get liquidation every year, because to pay a lawer to defend the company in case the employee go to demand the company is more expensive, even if the company win the case has to pay the lawer of the employee, crazy law but this way they are safe and never had a problem, every body is happy.
    Absolutely the best way to do it!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seamonkey View Post
    Absolutely the best way to do it!
    Another point is the courts are very slow, they schedule a court hearing the case never get a conclusion that day and lawer has to go every time and of course you will pay for each time they go, so you vetter give liquidation and save on the lawer. When a worker want to quit we tell ok lets make a deal, decline the prenotice and we will pay you the rest, anyway we give them liquidation every year so, ita not a big deal.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    It is like car insurance is Gringo Fault insurance. A kid ran a stop sign and took off the mirror from the side of my car. It was my fault although he ran a stop sign and I had the rightofway.
    I paid for a week's wages because he couldn't work for a week as his bike was being fixed.
    Derfish
    Everyone wants to live in paradise...problem is there ain't no paradise anywhere.....I don't mean to keep harping on my issues here with this place, but I think the guy is just going to make his life more miserable with these employee issues trying to go the so called 'legal-traditional' route.....just my 2 cents.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast