Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DR_Guy View Post
    I have a small pizza place which isnt exactly legal. So when I get rid of someone, I just pay the liquidation and move on. However, I have one really irritating employee that I want to get rid of and dont want to pay his liquidation.

He shows up late, cops an attitude, wants overtime (even though some days we close very early) and so on.

So, what constitutes him quitting without quitting. I am guessing just forgetting to show up for work once in awhile isnt sufficient.

Thanks
    I have employees who stole money from the business. My lawyer and the labour ministry friends told me to just pay him, fire him and sleep peacefully in the night. There are other ways to fire him without paying liquidation but your business has to be legal.

Just pay the money and get rid of him.

2. Likes jimmythegreek liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a small pizza place which isnt exactly legal. So when I get rid of someone, I just pay the liquidation and move on. However, I have one really irritating employee that I want to get rid of and dont want to pay his liquidation.

He shows up late, cops an attitude, wants overtime (even though some days we close very early) and so on.

So, what constitutes him quitting without quitting. I am guessing just forgetting to show up for work once in awhile isnt sufficient.

Thanks
    Does the employee know your business is illegal? If not just ask a notary to prepare a descargo, pay his liquidation and make him sign the descargo before paying. Then you are safe. Even if not, It is very easy to calculate how much you owe him for liquidation. Just get that calculated, print the calculation and make him sign on that.

4. Likes jimmythegreek liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KITTU View Post
    Does the employee know your business is illegal? If not just ask a notary to prepare a descargo, pay his liquidation and make him sign the descargo before paying. Then you are safe. Even if not, It is very easy to calculate how much you owe him for liquidation. Just get that calculated, print the calculation and make him sign on that.
    We prepare the calculation using the goverment webpage https://calculo.mt.gob.do/ and make q copy for them, its been the best thing we do, also they sign the Descargo before we pay the check.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

As a follow-up question. The ministry of labor doesnt list today as a public holiday nor does the resources on the internet. Do you all pay your people double salaries for working today?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Is the same website used to calculate severance for a casual employee such as a gardener who works only one day per week? Never more than 8 hours per day and never on holidays.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

As a follow-up question. The ministry of labor doesnt list today as a public holiday nor does the resources on the internet. Do you all pay your people double salaries for working today?
    As far as I know, today is just a normal Sunday - just more very loud music about "Mami" where I live.

9. Likes DR_Guy liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

You mean Mother's Day? It's not a holiday.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks
    My wife believes he probably knows you are illegal and actually wants to get fired so he can take you for a ride. She says get yourself legal and once all the paperwork is done....etc, then start taking note of his absences ....etc, and record them with the local labour branch. Once you have enough documented evidence then fire his ass. You will be required to pay some severance but much less than normal. My wife has been in business here for 27 years, and has only fired three people, but she has forced many to quit.

12. Likes DR_Guy, cobraboy, Riva_31 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

PAY THE KID don't deal with the bull of the laws .....everyone will come with their hands out.... most likely your lawyer first...
    Lawyers here are the vermon of the world

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seamonkey View Post
    When the employee goes to Ministerio de Trabajo to find out how much liquidation he is owed, they don't ask if the business is legal or not. The employee doesn't care. He wants his money.

Get a lawyer to draft up an agreement on what the liquidation is and that the employee cannot come back on you for addition money. Get the employee to sign it. Done. He will be more than happy to have money and he will move on.
    Pretty much. Like the commercial says "It's my money, and I want it now!"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast