Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Delta Airlines SDQ Snafu

If you buy your ticket online, be sure you carry the credit card you used to pay for it........ one guy found out the hard way what happens if you don’t. (So, what happens if someone else bought it for you???).

https://almomento.net/informe-turist...irlines-en-sd/

Administrator
    DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    If you buy your ticket online, be sure you carry the credit card you used to pay for it........ one guy found out the hard way what happens if you don’t. (So, what happens if someone else bought it for you???).

https://almomento.net/informe-turist...irlines-en-sd/
    Our family is well aware of this crazy rule. The card used can be presented at to any Delta agent at any airport before the person/s check in for the flight.

Needless to say they have lost a lot of Dominican business

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the problem in San Jose California when my son used his credit card to buy my ticket. Alaska Air wanted to see the credit card, and I had to call my son and he, as a Doctor of Psychiatry, handled it.
    Derfish

4. Likes Tarheel liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of tickets issued by airline offices in DR require presenting the credit card. Last Xmas/early January I did around 12 flights on Iberia. Out of those, 2 were bought on Iberia DR. For those I had to present a credit card at check in in Spain. Tickets bought on Iberia USA site did not have this requirement. Mind you, after booking those 2 tickets on Iberia DR I got a clear big red message saying credit card will be required for check in. And you cannot even do online check in if this is the case.

In Barcelona I witnessed a 14 year old with a family member that was denied boarding on Iberia flight to Madrid to continue to SDQ because she did not have the card... it was bought by her family in the DR and she was flying back. She was advised for family member to go to Iberia office to show the card (you can do that, even for more flights that will happen in the future). I felt bad for her because she lost the flight and ticket and in best scenario her family back in DR was hit with a huge change fee and fare difference. Minutes later she showed bank statement showing the charge that was whatsaped to her (it was 5.30 am in Barcelona, Iberia office in SD was long closed) but not even this was accepted. At the end, no she was not allowed to board and missed the flight.

So, better book on airlines' website outside of DR (the airline "localized page").

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rubio_higuey View Post
    Most of tickets issued by airline offices in DR require presenting the credit card. Last Xmas/early January I did around 12 flights on Iberia. Out of those, 2 were bought on Iberia DR. For those I had to present a credit card at check in in Spain. Tickets bought on Iberia USA site did not have this requirement. Mind you, after booking those 2 tickets on Iberia DR I got a clear big red message saying credit card will be required for check in. And you cannot even do online check in if this is the case.

In Barcelona I witnessed a 14 year old with a family member that was denied boarding on Iberia flight to Madrid to continue to SDQ because she did not have the card... it was bought by her family in the DR and she was flying back. She was advised for family member to go to Iberia office to show the card (you can do that, even for more flights that will happen in the future). I felt bad for her because she lost the flight and ticket and in best scenario her family back in DR was hit with a huge change fee and fare difference. Minutes later she showed bank statement showing the charge that was whatsaped to her (it was 5.30 am in Barcelona, Iberia office in SD was long closed) but not even this was accepted. At the end, yes she was not allowed to board and missed the flight.

So, better book on airlines' website outside of DR (the airline "localized page").
    You can pay cash for a ticket at Jet Blue office in Santo Domingo.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Delta has been doing this for over 7 yrs ...especially on DR flights because of fraud..

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythegreek View Post
    You can pay cash for a ticket at Jet Blue office in Santo Domingo.
    People have said it's more expensive to pay that way

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Luperon View Post
    People have said it's more expensive to pay that way
    Not at all-you pay the same price at the office whether it is cash-credit card-debit card...However, obviously it is more of an inconvenience than just tapping some keys on your keyboard at home to buy the tickets.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythegreek View Post
    Not at all-you pay the same price at the office whether it is cash-credit card-debit card...However, obviously it is more of an inconvenience than just tapping some keys on your keyboard at home to buy the tickets.
    I could be wrong. Maybe the taxes are different paying in person at airport was my point, not method of payment. The source was believable.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Luperon View Post
    I could be wrong. Maybe the taxes are different paying in person at airport was my point, not method of payment. The source was believable.
    Actually, I initially thought the exact same as you-the 18% ITIBIS-etc-etc. However, after pricing out the tickets on the airline's website and then going to the office to compare-exactly the same price. The tax is the same on those tickets-whether you buy online through the airline's website or directly at the local office in SD.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast