Excellent Bakery?

J

jeb321

This is a tough one...I know, I realize it But, by any chance can someone recommend a real bakery in these parts, Punta Cana that is. Maybe a hidden gem someplace, cause we think we have hit 2 or 3, and for lack of a better word, they have been pretty sorry, re what they consider cakes, and what we consider cakes (we do have an American taste thats just a part of us. The best cake we have had here was Not in Punta Cana, it is Crema in La Romana and we're not up for that particular trip especially ever since the owner/bakerwas killed in a motor accident about 1-2 years ago. So on the off chance someone does know of a good Baker/bakery in these parts, please let us know. Especially cheese cake. Ah, Crema made a very good chinola cheesecake.

J

jeb321

How very very very sad that there is (except for the one mentioned) absolutely no place in All of punta cana where someone can bake a good tasting cake? Private baker perhaps? We had been to the shop next to Punta Italia. But it just confirms things. My friend who had been telling us for years that she would never buy bread or cake anywhere in DR (if at all possible). Punta Italia breads though are better than anywhere here we have eaten. BTW this included SD, Santiago and the very far reaches, Canca, La Vega. So here in the wondrous land of Punta Cana, no one has found a decent baker, bakery?

Last edited:
C

Chirimoya

Private baker? Check out Punta Cana-based French pattisserie on Instagram - pinkcoco.rd

Another place is Breakers Cafe in the new Coral Village mall in Bavaro - they bake Dutch apple pie and serve croissants and bread, not sure if it's baked on the premises but it was reasonable.

The only really good quality bread I've had has been home-baked by a friend with imported flour.

J

jeb321

Private baker? Check out Punta Cana-based French pattisserie on Instagram - pinkcoco.rd

Another place is Breakers Cafe in the new Coral Village mall in Bavaro - they bake Dutch apple pie and serve croissants and bread, not sure if it's baked on the premises but it was reasonable.

The only really good quality bread I've had has been home-baked by a friend with imported flour.

Thank you so much for this. I looked at photos on instagram and am blown away. But how do you get in touch with pinkcoco? This is the private baker? Have you ever done business or eaten there personally?

C

Chirimoya

Thank you so much for this. I looked at photos on instagram and am blown away. But how do you get in touch with pinkcoco? This is the private baker? Have you ever done business or eaten there personally?

You can DM her via Instagram and she will send you her WhatsApp. She makes cakes to order, no actual premises. I've tried the carrot cake, brownie, fruit tarts, and a chocolate birthday cake.

T

the gorgon

i refuse to assert that nobody in the DR knows how to bake. the main culprit is the abhorrent flour, which cannot be make to work properly.

J

JDJones

i refuse to assert that nobody in the DR knows how to bake. the main culprit is the abhorrent flour, which cannot be make to work properly.

I do very little, but when I do, I use Golds Flour.

As for cakes.. There are tons of Repositerias around, but I have yet to taste a cake like you could get in any ma and pa diner in the states.

F

franco1111

There is a French bakery in those shops at the El Dorado corner. Haven't been there in a few months but I think it is still there. Excellent cakes and pastries.

F

franco1111

It is closer to the Los Corales end of the those shops. Not by the punta cana realty place or lavanderia.

T

the gorgon

I do very little, but when I do, I use Golds Flour.

As for cakes.. There are tons of Repositerias around, but I have yet to taste a cake like you could get in any ma and pa diner in the states.

that is true. however, people here have acquired the taste of their own offerings. imagine trying to get somebody in the US to eat a Dominican donut...yet the local people love them.

J

jeb321

that is true. however, people here have acquired the taste of their own offerings. imagine trying to get somebody in the US to eat a Dominican donut...yet the local people love them.

There are Dominican donuts?

A

Asan

Have none of you had a Dominican cake...in Santo Domingo (bondelic, pastelería del jardín and there is another one that I can't remember). I have been out of the country for 8 years (born and raised in DR). But if you go to good quality store the cakes and bread (pan de agua o sobaos) have nothing to envy from a US equivalent. That's at the capital at least.

A

arzoo

I was also looking for a relevant answer, would try this. Thank you.