Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Guzman Ariza

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Double.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Uuuf now I gotta explain myself better, don't wanna get charged with perjury! When I say the service was good Mr. Road is a very polite and nice guy, and the case was won, although there was nothing i wanted out of the process but to get divorced. There was a bank account with about a million pesos which I didn't care about, told the ex just sign the divorce and keep the money, which at first she didn't want to do. So, the service was good because I got what I wanted, but the experience was bad because I felt I was being shaken down for the extra 2000. I think Mr. Roqe didn't expect the ex was gonna hire a lawyer and it was gonna be an easy ride, then when he saw that he was gonna have to do some heavy lifting he asked for more money. Anyways, I'm single and ready to mingle!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KyleMackey View Post
    Chas, you might want to call Squire Patton Boggs.
    Are you sure they are a Dominican firm? They sound like something out of a Dickens novel of victorian London!

4. Likes KyleMackey, Caonabo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Having used Guzman Ariza for 15 years for a variety of things, from business matters, to immigration, to real estate and Labor Board in Santo Domingo and in Sosua, I am pleased to say that I am absolutely pleased.

In one matter I had to deal with a fraudulent labour court claim from a pregnant woman. Everyone in the world (including Guzman Ariza) told me that I was @#[email protected]#, but they took the case and said that they will do their best. And their best they did, eventually winning the case.

The tribunal system in the DR in general is complicated, and people need to accept that there are no sure things. What Guzman can do is offer you the best that can be done. And the fees I've always found to be reasonable, considering the quality of representation.

Thank you Guzman Ariza.

6. Likes Polar Bear, Caonabo, jinty05 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drstock View Post
    Are you sure they are a Dominican firm? They sound like something out of a Dickens novel of victorian London!
    Lots of the large national and international American firms have English WASP roots. They did acquire Hammonds, a British based international firm about 10 years ago.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

As I posted earlier, no child custody or divorce proceedings are amicable. Emotions, money and expectations inflame the issue. My orthopedic doctor said he no longer does back procedures because no one is ever completely satisfied. Similar to divorce. Even though we know its always the woman's fault.
    Last edited by Big; 05-29-2019 at 11:12 AM.

9. Likes chas123 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    As I posted earlier, no child custody or divorce proceedings are amicable. Emotions, money and expectations inflame the issue. My orthopedic doctor said he no longer does back procedures because no one is ever completely satisfied. Similar to divorce. Even though we know its always the woman's fault.
    Sorry, but I personally know of more than a few amicable divorces.

As a matter of fact, I have been divorced twice here in the DR, and both times my partner at the time and I used the same lawyer.

Both times with both partners, we sat down and discussed our options and decided who would get what, and then simply conveyed our wishes to the lawyer.

I am still on good terms with both, and both have moved on and remarried.

Communication.

11. Likes cobraboy, bob saunders, Caonabo liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    Sorry, but I personally know of more than a few amicable divorces.

As a matter of fact, I have been divorced twice here in the DR, and both times my partner at the time and I used the same lawyer.

Both times with both partners, we sat down and discussed our options and decided who would get what, and then simply conveyed our wishes to the lawyer.

I am still on good terms with both, and both have moved on and remarried.

Communication.
    How about the kids????

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    How about the kids????
    No kids

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    No kids
    No kids in a child custody case? Or wasn't that what was being discussed?

15. Likes Buzzard liked this post
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast