* * * Some Advice! * * *

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I'm starting to get a little bored (others as well) with people posting "chatter".
I suggest some of you read the original question, if you can't answer the specific question, please don't bother answering, all it does is dilute the thread into worthless "chatter".

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Me three...

Even when I, myself have done that on ocassions, I always try to keep on the OP, in the belief that what could be a good or funny or informative thread ends up being a discussion on a zillion unrelated subjects. How about just telling people/enforcing that when we want to make a comment on a post we should just start a new thread and post a link to the original comment.

Just my RD$0.33 (at today's rate).

Montessorian

Apr 1, 2002
www.patriaquerida.homestead.com
Can you give some more detail.

Great! I read your post AFTER I added my string of "if I could only have one". (Sorry)

Can you explain a little more what you mean by chatter. I went looking for the forum rules and could not find them. I want to brush up on posting protocall.

Also, just a quick note, you have an active micro society here on the boards, most everyone has as a common theme,love of the D.R. or are interested in the D.R. Because of the sense of community, some people post in a "talking" way, and not really ask a "question".

Should we stick to just "questions"?

Respectfully,
Montessorian

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Chatter, chit chat, chat etc is all the same.

We have added private messaging and a chat room so people can chat to their hearts content. When they do it in threads, the threads become diluted and often worthless.

The "Open" forum was set up for all those questions that do not have a specific home but are in some way DR related. If you take a good look at all the forums you will get an idea of what goes in what forum.

Forum rules:
99.9% of people don't need reminding and the other 0.1% will ignore the written rules regardless of how hard you try to enforce them :)

The basic rule is that you post a question (DR related) and someone gives you an answer relating to your original question.

Yes, sometimes threads become a little skewed, in this case people are either directed to post a new question or we manually move the thread to it's correct home.

Bottom line, cut down on the chatter and keep the posts/threads DR related and we at DR1 will leave all alone :)

scotflower

Jan 25, 2002
Bravo Robert

I am a reader and do not post too often, it is time that some kind of penalty be imposed like a 3 day suspension or something. It does become a bit anoying when ramblings turn into attacks on someones credibility. Put your big foot down and lets keep the forum going for what is intended. The new pm works fine and chat room is looking good, my other half is in here a lot and spends a lot of time with your board.