Page 137 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1607
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    KyleMackey, how would you have handled the situation, if it had unfortunately been you in a similar situation, as a husband with a missing wife?
    frank12, how would you have......never mind.
    i can only look at this from my perspective, and cannot bother to wonder how other people would have reacted, mainly because i am not other people. so, here goes...

wife; ''i am going to find some food''.

me; where?

wife; over there

me; how do you know there is food over there?

wife;i don't. i am going, anyway.

an hour passes, and she is not back.

me; i wonder where she is...i better go see what she is up to.

that last part would not have happened hours later. an hour, max, and i would be asking other people if they had seen a 50 something blonde in a butterfly blouse wobbling by.

2. Likes bienamor, jd426, Derfish, ROLLOUT liked this post
    On Probation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    i can only look at this from my perspective, and cannot bother to wonder how other people would have reacted, mainly because i am not other people. so, here goes...

wife; ''i am going to find some food''.

me; where?

wife; over there

me; how do you know there is food over there?

wife;i don't. i am going, anyway.

an hour passes, and she is not back.

me; i wonder where she is...i better go see what she is up to.

that last part would not have happened hours later. an hour, max, and i would be asking other people if they had seen a 50 something blonde in a butterfly blouse wobbling by.
    Actually we dont know if the husband and the couple they were with did an active search or not. It is quite possible they did as they went to the front desk three times. Lots of conclusions here by the DR1 detectives without facts or clues.

4. Likes jeb321 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    Actually we dont know if the husband and the couple they were with did an active search or not. It is quite possible they did as they went to the front desk three times. Lots of conclusions here by the DR1 detectives without facts or clues.
    The FBI could probably speed this up with some skillful water-boarding

6. Likes LoveInDR liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

i guess the little matter of the passage of time seems to be ignored by you. nobody suggests that he did not go looking...EVENTUALLY. my point is that if my wife and i are in a country which is new to us, if she decides to stroll off at 10.30pm, i am going with her. if i don't, and she is not back inside a half an hour, there will be serious search activity going on. there are several pools around, not to mention an ocean.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    KyleMackey, how would you have handled the situation, if it had unfortunately been you in a similar situation, as a husband with a missing wife?
    frank12, how would you have......never mind.
    From what was reported the only thing only different I would have done differently would be to call the police directly. In this case the police were contacted after the woman was located.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Adults who have recently gone missing are not a priority for the police in many locales. If a couple of officers on a moto turned up or if CESTUR attended, at most they would ask a few questions and then walk around until they stumbled across the all-you-can-eat all night snack bar. No serious search would be undertaken for someone missing just an hour or two.

The best course of action for tourists is to roam around in packs so one doesn't go missing in the first place.

10. Likes carlos liked this post
    On Probation
    Post Thanks / Like

I made some phone calls to one of my family members who is high up in government. He in turn made some more phone calls, and this is what he found:

1.) After the police were called, they showed up and made a bee-line to the buffet where they proceeded to stuff their pockets with eat all-you-can-eat pepperoni pizza with sliced pineapple on top. It's not clear why, but they ate all of the pineapples and left the pizza untouched.

2.) At some point, the husband was running around and getting very irate. More police were called to calm him down. They second group of cops showed up just when breakfast was coming out of the kitchen and they made a bee-line for the all you can eat salami, fried onions, and mangu.

3.) At some point, the husband started running through the complex screaming and pulling out his hair.

4.) Another group of officers showed up just when the croissants were coming out of the kitchen and they made a bee-line for the chocolate croissants. They started stuffing their pockets full of warm chocolate croissants. The chocolate oozed out of the sides and their hands were covered in Hershey chocolate sauce.

5.) At this point, the husband was now hyper-ventilating and swinging his arms around violently. More police were called and a straight jacket was placed around him. The husband took off running with the straight jacket on.

6.) Another group of officers showed up just when the smoked salmon was coming out of the kitchen. They made a bee-line for the salmon. They too started stuffing their pockets full of smoked salmon and toast. The salmon was oily, and the oil covered their hands with a thin film of slippery, slimy lubricant.

7.) Finally, one of the staff members accidentally stumbled upon the missing woman while looking for a quiet place to lay down and take a nap.

The police were now quite full and had their pockets completely stuffed with all-you-can-eat buffet food. They hung around until the afternoon buffet started where they started running back and forth from the buffet line to their family members waiting outside in the parking lot.

It was universally decided the police should hang around for a few more months gathering up evidence, and that this evidence gathering search should begin every morning when breakfast was being served and go through lunch.

That's all i could find out for now. I'll let you know if any more information turns up.
    Last edited by frank12; 06-13-2019 at 08:43 AM.

12. Likes bigbird, drstock, Dov1984, Tarheel, LoveInDR and 1 others liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

In the video posted by Riva_31(#1265), the hotel says that the husband only came to the lobby one time - at 2:30am. There was no mention as to whether or not he was accompanied by friends.

Rest In Peace Lindsay
    Post Thanks / Like

The 'lying' word now appears in US press.
    https://www.yourtango.com/2019325213...n-she-appeared

Matilda
    Moderator Ladies Only & North West Forums

15. Likes jd426, alexw liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    The 'lying' word now appears in US press.
    https://www.yourtango.com/2019325213...n-she-appeared

Matilda
    Well, to be fair, the article says "why the hotel says she's lying". In short, because the hotel doesn't agree with her. It's not looking good for the lady either, or the hubby. Somewhere, I think it's coming down to the hubby.