Page 3 of 148 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post
    Best thing is to tell everyone to Avoid Majestic Elegance in Punta Cana - because that guy is apparently still there and this won't be his last attack. Only next time he may actually kill his victim.

Not many countries where this would not be pursued...but here he gets to walk and rape again.
    I don't think anyone on this board knows much about this case but doesn't it seem odd as you say this is not being pursued?

I can think of several recent crimes where the DR got their man........... Dutchman case, home invasion, missing NYC couple, tourist walking the malecon, anyone think of more. Just seems to me if the PN has sufficient evidence they follow up.

2. Likes jd426, cavok, Caonabo, beachcomber, jenmar237 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drstock View Post
    I don't think the amateur sleuths here are in a position to comment on such a serious story.
    Some of us run these Stories past RETIRED NYC DETECTIVES before we post our " amateur sleuth comments "...

Serious ? .. oh most definitely
    who said its not serious

The "lack of Evidence" however in this case is STUNNING.. absolutely off the charts stunning

4. Likes jenmar237 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Seven or eight yrs. ago a good friend of mine was hog tied and beaten to death in his apt. the police came, they didn't take finger prints, didn't ask questions, didn't even rope the place off. People were walking around the apartment a couple hours later and i know at least four or five other people who were killed here and nobody was held accountable.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    I really think some of you have no idea how the Dominican police work. Rape kit, DNA, forensics - this is the DR not the USA, UK, Canada wherever. When I was attacked four months ago the police (and there were three police forces involved and it was in the press) did zero, zilch, nada forensic work. When I arrived at the hospital, no one bagged my clothes, no one checked under my fingernails, no rape kit was done (they didn't even ask if I had been raped - luckily I wasn't), no photographs taken, nothing. When the police came to my house, on several occasions, no fingerprints were taken from anywhere, no search of the property or search of his escape route. Not one single part of forensic evidence was taken. I cannot see how anyone would doubt this lady's story. Shame on some of you.

Matilda
    When did things change? I can't find your thread but I thought initially you were pleased and confident the PN were doing a great job with the initial investigation. I maybe wrong and as I said I can't find the thread to verify.

7. Likes jenmar237 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    It smells of unbelievability. Attacked on a property which has cameras every 20 feet. Allegedly assaulted by an employee of the property.... bogus. I believe she got assaulted, it probably happened by Juan the local six pack ab sanky with thick black hair, off the property and she limped home afraid to tell her husband she was out partying all night with MR Stud and had an alcohol infused argument over money.
    She was with her Husband and another couple. She actually went back to the room with her husband. She tried room service for food, but the resort had stopped room service by that time. So she decided to go a snack bar that was open. She was attacked on the way. Her Husband and the other couple went looking for her and went to the front desk 3 times to get the resort employees to help find her. There have been multiple legit rapes at Jamaican resorts. Similar scenarios women dragged into maintenance rooms.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by monfongo View Post
    Anyone who has lived in the DR for any length of time knows that they don't spend a lot of time investigating crimes committed against foreigners, on the other hand if it's a Dominican of any importance they solve it in one day.
    This statement holds no water. Absolutely ridiculous, yes..."anyone who has lived in the DR for any length of time knows." Actually, it is quite the opposite.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Why were no other parties interviewed for this report? Poor journalism.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    When did things change? I can't find your thread but I thought initially you were pleased and confident the PN were doing a great job with the initial investigation. I maybe wrong and as I said I can't find the thread to verify.
    The advantage in the DR is the investigators are not restrained from using certain...techniques. If you know what I mean.

There are few secrets here, and the investigators use that to their advantage. Somebody is gonna talk and the investigators will catch the perp.

CSI-Dominicana is guys in grey unis with blunt clubs, not geeks with test tubes, microscpoes, and fiber ID.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

12. Likes caribmike, Luperon, beachcomber liked this post
    Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    I was pleased that three police forces were involved. I was pleased the Head of the North West police came. I was pleased the fiscal came to my house to interview me. I was pleased I was examined by the medical examiner. I was pleased the police took it seriously. I was amazed there was zero forensic work carried not - but not surprised. In many of the solved cases in the country, there were witnesses, whether it be the victim or others. The way the police work here, they listen to the witnesses re description of the perp, round up anyone who looks vaguely like it, give the victims or witnesses photos to look at and if the perp is identified, end of story. Other evidence, if found, confirms their guilt. When there are no witnesses, the police tend to be lost.

Matilda

Moderator Ladies Only & North West Forums
    www.DR1.com

14. Likes dulce, debinatore liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

And not one slip of the tongue by one employee following the "attack"? Not one employee who works in this complex returned home and spoke to their family, neighbors, or persons in the colmado? How about fellow hotel employees who travel on their shuttle buses together? We all know there are no secrets in the RD, and information usually flows across the country quicker than it occurs. The proverbial grapevine, especially in this age of social networking. This is a historic reality. Yet, not one word said in four months? I am not denying that something happened to this poor woman, but I have to agree with several other posters that something within the context of this story is missing. Something more than just the face of the alleged attacker.

16. Likes jd426, Big, Celt202, badpiece33, Juan Bosch and 1 others liked this post
    Dislikes jeb321, monfongo disliked this post
Page 3 of 148 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast