Page 51 of 148 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KyleMackey View Post
    Thanks for the link. The Husband says in the article they called the Embassy and seems they eventually met someone from there. And he said they filed some sort of complaint in a courthouse in Higuey. Says Rape kit done 2 days after the attack, wife already had a shower by then. They are trying to get various reports but no luck so far.
    I bet it was a dennuncia at best.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    One issue that makes absolutely NO sense to me is her claim that the perp, whoever it was, beat her FOR EIGHT HOURS. In the resort.

Eight hours.

How is that possible?
    clearly she spiced it up. Probably after watching that move SAW II,,,

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythegreek View Post
    The couple did not file a formal complaint-when you hear those words being used it is a bit disingenuous at best as a formal complaint is considered a 'Querella' which costs at least RD$70K to $RD100K to file VS. a 'Dennuncia' which costs nothing other than time of the victim. The courts..judges...lawyers have it in their minds that a Querella is required to create the constitutional actor of one individual specifically accusing another vs. a dennuncia that could be anyone even anonymous, which supposedly has less rights to file an objection against an archive by the Ministerio Publico.

However, that is questionable as the following articles state a dennuncia o querella.

Artículo 31.- Acción pública a instancia privada.

“La instancia privada se produce con la presentación de la denuncia o querella por
    parte de la víctima.”

"El archivo dispuesto en virtud de cualquiera de las causales previstas en el Artículo 281
    se notifica a la víctima que haya presentado la denuncia y solicitado ser informada
    o que haya presentado la querella."
    Are you confusing civil and criminal litigation?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone care to friend her on Facebook and ask her the 10 most popular questions that have gone unanswered on this thread? It appears that since her initial post about the encounter, she has not replied to any of the other comments. I would do it myself, but I am within driving distance of them, and some of you could be correct about the husband.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Husband is now speaking out, this is from the NY Post
    The husband of the woman who said she was savagely beaten at a Dominican Republic resort says authorities there bungled the investigation into the attack — and are lying about it now.

Tammy Lawrence-Daley is still recovering from the assault she claims happened after she left her room at the Majestic Elegance for a snack, and then was jumped from behind by a man wearing a uniform from the Punta Cana resort.

SEE ALSO

Mom who survived brutal Dominican Republic attack blames herself
    She says she was dragged down a flight of concrete stairs, beaten for hours, strangled and then thrown into a crawl space filled with wastewater.

Her husband, Christopher Daley, said officials have dropped the ball every step of the way, starting with resort security delaying a search for her.

“We were supposed to get a police report in February and we didn’t get that,” he told NBC10 Friday.

Daley and the friends they were traveling with went to the front desk at least three times when she went missing before security searched for her. She wasn’t found until the following morning, when she heard voices above her and called for help.

The irate hubby also discounted Dominican officials’ determination that his wife was not sexually assaulted.

The family hasn’t gotten the rape kit results back, and said doctors took two days before conducting the exam, during which time his wife had already showered.
    Punta Cana Tourism Police told the station that while conducting interviews, investigators found “incongruencies” and “discrepancies” in Daley’s statements. The husband claimed that the couple was interviewed together.

The country’s attorney general said Friday that Lawrence-Daley refused to file a complaint, the station reported.

The back and forth covers myriad other details, with the Daleys charging a lack of concern and thoroughness on Dominican authorities’ behalf, and officials from the country pushing back on their claims.

What’s clear is that several other incidents involving tourists have taken place in the Dominican Republic in recent months, including a Maryland couple that was found dead in their room at a different resort last Thursday.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i have not read the reports by anyone, nor have i watched any of the video reportage. forgive me for asking this...

while the guy was ''beating her for hours'', where did hubby think she was?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    i have not read the reports by anyone, nor have i watched any of the video reportage. forgive me for asking this...

while the guy was ''beating her for hours'', where did hubby think she was?
    He and the other couple they were hanging with went to the front desk 3 times to ask, and they supposedly told HIM ( the husband) that his wife may be off somewhere DRINKING or DRUNK..
    Which leads one to believe they were both seen DRINKING , perhaps heavily, earlier .. . How else do the staff have the nerve to say such a thing to 2 guests ??

The 8 hours I think is just bad writing... she was beaten and strangled and supposedly in and out of consciousness for a period of 8 hours , that is a most likely scenario, and unable to call for help loud enough for someone to hear her, and she says she tried throwing rocks ? I guess at the ceiling or door ? .. so its just a time frame ..
    no indication that the perp was beating her for 8 hours straight & i dont think there is video of her saying those exact words .. but maybe there is
    an 8 hour beating makes no sense at all.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

https://elotitv.com/husband-of-touri...investigation/

Hubby now says that they could "not reach a settlement" which is not what they said initially. She said the hotel offered them nothing.
    Hubby also comments that there were no cameras.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    Are you confusing civil and criminal litigation?
    How would I be confusing something that is clearly written in the codigo procesal penal?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by reilleyp View Post
    https://elotitv.com/husband-of-touri...investigation/

Hubby now says that they could "not reach a settlement" which is not what they said initially. She said the hotel offered them nothing.
    Hubby also comments that there were no cameras.
    That can't be true. LOL ........ OK maybe not trailer park looking for a big payday but sure look like they were looking for at least his and hers Mercedes Benz and some cash. Didn't this couple also say the hotel refused to pay medical expenses?

How does hubby know no cameras? What hotel this day and age doesn't have cameras?

11. Likes jd426 liked this post
Page 51 of 148 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast