Attacked and Left for Dead at a Dominican Republic All-Inclusive Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

monfongo

Another case of a foreigner getting severely beaten and nobody is brought to justice and nobody is excepting responsibility.

B

Big

Yes, I think she left out crucial facts to be the perfect victim.

C

chico bill

Another case of a foreigner getting severely beaten and nobody is brought to justice and nobody is excepting responsibility.

Best thing is to tell everyone to Avoid Majestic Elegance in Punta Cana - because that guy is apparently still there and this won't be his last attack. Only next time he may actually kill his victim.

Not many countries where this would not be pursued...but here he gets to walk and rape again.

B

Big

Waits four months to report the incident so the facts are difficult if not impossible to corroborate.
Sounds shady.

Last edited:
S

SantiagoDR

Waits four months to report the incident so the facts are difficult if not impossible to corroborate.
The INCIDENT was reported immediately.

Her story is what is just now being released.

B

bienamor

Think you need to read the link. Waited 4 months to publicly tell the story. Seems it was reported and turned to the police and resort as soon as she was found.

After several people arrived to help her, the mom of two was transported to a local medical clinic, where she spent five days being treated for her injuries, which included the inside of her mouth being “ripped apart”, a broken nose, a fractured hand, and a partial loss of hearing in her left ear.

The mom of two also says she has been pressing the matter with local police and Majestic Elegance resort in hopes they will continue their investigation.

However, due to lack of evidence, the different crime procedures in the Dominican Republic, and the fact she may have to return to the Carribean country to testify — something she does not want to do — Lawrence-Daley has been told nothing will likely come of it.

“One lawyer told us the only choice you have is to go home and forget about it,” she explains. “That’s not something that you want to hear… This isn’t how it should happen.”

“Everybody has told us, it doesn’t matter, they’re corrupt. The evidence will get lost, you’re not going to win anything,” she adds. “[I feel] anger. Why can’t they do this? Why don’t they have the proper things to find fingerprints or to find the person who did this?”

B

Big

It smells of unbelievability. Attacked on a property which has cameras every 20 feet. Allegedly assaulted by an employee of the property.... bogus. I believe she got assaulted, it probably happened by Juan the local six pack ab sanky with thick black hair, off the property and she limped home afraid to tell her husband she was out partying all night with MR Stud and had an alcohol infused argument over money.

J

jd426

I just read the story ,, in detail.... Lots of pieces missing.. all the pieces it would take to get a suspect.
a Lot of coincidences and the way its written to be all dramatic like she heard " heavy footsteps" really ?
but was grabbed from behind and never saw a face . but did see he was wearing a Uniform ?
No DNA, not even finger nail scrapings .. why not ?
and now 4 months lather this story ..
So this guy was either a professional, or its BS...

J

jd426

The INCIDENT was reported immediately.

Her story is what is just now being released.

Was there a Rape Kit ? were her fingernails Scraped for DNA

why not ? were they not upset enough at the time to get this done , proper ..

just strange , no ?

After several people arrived to help her, the mom of two was transported to a local medical clinic, where she spent five days being treated for her injuries, which included the inside of her mouth being “ripped apart”, a broken nose, a fractured hand, and a partial loss of hearing in her left ear.

Treated her for 5 days and never bothered to do a rape kit ?

Then the Hospital and the Police , and the DR as a country have a much bigger Problem ..this is way beyond tragic then if they just decided to NOT collect any Evidence ..

Of course the INJURIES are real, no one is disputing that ..

M

Matilda

I really think some of you have no idea how the Dominican police work. Rape kit, DNA, forensics - this is the DR not the USA, UK, Canada wherever. When I was attacked four months ago the police (and there were three police forces involved and it was in the press) did zero, zilch, nada forensic work. When I arrived at the hospital, no one bagged my clothes, no one checked under my fingernails, no rape kit was done (they didn't even ask if I had been raped - luckily I wasn't), no photographs taken, nothing. When the police came to my house, on several occasions, no fingerprints were taken from anywhere, no search of the property or search of his escape route. Not one single part of forensic evidence was taken. I cannot see how anyone would doubt this lady's story. Shame on some of you.

Matilda

M

monfongo

Anyone who has lived in the DR for any length of time knows that they don't spend a lot of time investigating crimes committed against foreigners, on the other hand if it's a Dominican of any importance they solve it in one day.

D

drstock

I don't think the amateur sleuths here are in a position to comment on such a serious story.

Status
Not open for further replies.