Diabetes supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Derfish

Does anyone know where one can buy diabetes test strips here on the North Coast. Two farmacias have said they don't carry them at all, the one gat didn't even understand what I was saying, of course my S[anish is limited, but still a farmacista who didn't understand "Checquiendo mi sangre por asugar" seemed kind of dumb.
Der Fish

T

Tom0910

The test strips are unique to the brand of meter that you have so there is a good possibility that you will have to buy a meter too and they are crazy expensive compared to the U.S. but to answer your question I have seen them at the farmacia in La Sirena in POP and at the farmacia in Sosua next to Fresh Fresh on the highway. It is much cheaper to order on Amazon and ship them in.

D

Derfish

The test strips are unique to the brand of meter that you have so there is a good possibility that you will have to buy a meter too and they are crazy expensive compared to the U.S. but to answer your question I have seen them at the farmacia in La Sirena in POP and at the farmacia in Sosua next to Fresh Fresh on the highway. It is much cheaper to order on Amazon and ship them in.

Thanks. I have been having mi sis in law send them to me, but has been non resopnsive for awhile. So thunk I'd try to source them here. I may try Walmart online if I don't hear from her soon.
Thanks
Der Fish

B

BermudaRum

You can buy them at the pharmacy on the main highway in Charamicos. Heading west 100 yrd past traffic lights on the right just before Delancer. They also sell the machines, also check the expire dates on the box if you buy the strips.

L

lifeisgreat

I buy mine across the street of CMC in small plaza they have couple brands at pharmacy there.. mines prodigy meter..

B

Bob K

You can get some brands at the pharmacy next to Fresh Fresh (just next to CMC)

I always got mine on line (much cheaper) and sent them here through my CPS account.

Bob K

A

AlterEgo

Not sure if you found some yet Fish, but I remember my father-in-law sometimes used to go to his local farmacia in Santo Domingo to have his sugar checked. Good in a pinch. Not sure if similar service is offered near you.

D

Derfish

Thanks everybody. I have ordered what I need thru Walmart online. The same brand I have used for 20 years. Thanks again.
Derfish

Status
Not open for further replies.